Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hey...well, I Drive with my windows down Constantly (Its according how cold it is outside), and I now noticed that my CD's are skipping alot! I've hit No SPEED BUMPS or anything!

I do understand this could be from the Dust/Dirt inside my CD Console. Which brand of CD Cleaner do you guys use to prevent this problem?

thanks for the help!
Neal S.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I use a damp cloth, wiping from the center out. imho, cd cleaners are a waste of money and next to compound interest, one of the scariest inventions of our time...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rubbing alcohol works great on CDs.. since most CD cleaners are basically rubbing alcohol with a huge mark up. Glass cleaner works great too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Surely he means something to clean the optics inside the cd player....

I too am getting this exact same problem. Seems to be worse on CDRs rather than proper pressed CDs. There are no scratches on the cdrs at all, they come straight from the burner and go into the headunit. Normally it'll play them ok a couple of times, then the skipping begins. It sounds like the it keeps losing its place on the cd... although the music doesn't stop to begin with (I assume theres some amount of anti-shock memory) but it gradually gets worse and worse. Also randomly get static distortion sounds on the cd...although I think this is more to do with data errors when I burn the cd. Really starting to annoy me now, so I think I'm gonna take a trip to the dealer....the head unit is only 6 months old (Bose)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Surely he means something to clean the optics inside the cd player....[/b]
Maybe, but don't call me Surely.... :p

I purchased a laser cleaner a long time ago with small bristles embedded in the cd. I can't remember the brand but that usually helped with skipping on older players I had. I haven't had the issue you're talking about with my bose. I do remember some posts talking about the brand of cdr/rw creating the issue because store bought cd's were playing fine...but I don't know if that's the case here...

Taking it to the dealer is a good idea if it's in warranty. Maybe trying a different brand of blanks.
:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've had the same problems with CD-R's(no scratches) skipping. I use Memorex CD-R's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe, but don't call me Surely.... :p

I purchased a laser cleaner a long time ago with small bristles embedded in the cd. I can't remember the brand but that usually helped with skipping on older players I had. I haven't had the issue you're talking about with my bose. I do remember some posts talking about the brand of cdr/rw creating the issue because store bought cd's were playing fine...but I don't know if that's the case here...

Taking it to the dealer is a good idea if it's in warranty. Maybe trying a different brand of blanks.
:)[/b]
I've also noticed, as mentioned in another thread, that it only occurs after the players been on a while. I drive a lot for my job, so the cd player is constantly doing whats it supposed to be doing (playing cds). When I start from cold, it generally won't skip for at least 30-45 mins, however, after that it does. It could play a cd fine, then I play the same cd again and it'll skip.

Its booked into the dealership for them to have a look, but I know whats gonna happen. They'll try it (from cold) it won't skip, they might clean it and then charge me for the privilege.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.