Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liteswap,

I was wondering what bulb type does the CATZ HID kit comes with, D2S or D2R?

Can someone tell me what the M6 driving light uses? I know it is an H1 bulb but would you say the headlight unit is a projection/ellipsoidal unit or a reflection unit?

TIA

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: CATZ HID Kit

I doubt the Catz kit is either a D2S or a D2R. It's some kind of (1) refit of either of those standard bulbs, or (2) a whole new bulb. That IS the main selling point of the Catz kit.

You could also post this in the Liteswap forum down below.

-Alt

·
Registered
158 Posts

It is my understanding that D2S and D2R bulbs are physically incompatible with headlamp asseblies designed to accept halogen bulbs. This is from multiple sources whom I consider reliable.

That said, I really don't feel like spending the money to find out for myself. :) Especially since I've got a bunch of new Osram Plus 50 H1 bulbs for the low and high beams and some yellow Narva bulbs for the fog beams.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

can some specify all the bulbs/lights part#'s for me... so i dont buy the wrong ones pls...

·
Registered
653 Posts

The Catz are rebased D2S's They have remolded bases with focal points at the same exact location as halogen so your beam pattern will not be disturned. SOrry for the delayed response guys... been real busy.

THe Mazda6 takes H1 (correct me if I am wrong)

·
Registered
514 Posts

There we go.

Makes sense to me.

LIteswap: when you all say that Catz is "OWM" in japan, do you mean that japanese OEM HID cars all use rebased D2S's in order to cut costs, ie they don't have to use different optics on the halogen versions of their cars? That would be very interesting...

-Alt

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Something I've intended to ask. It's probably listed on-site but I'm too lazy to look :D. Is the H1 conversion kit for the 6 a direct fit? No modification needed? Of course I know the ballast need a place but I'm referring to how the bulbs can fit.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ahh. So you could say the capsules are "OEM quality" but JDM cars with HID so use D2S and D2R types bulbs that aren't rebased?

-Alt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts