Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. So I am driving along the road, shifting into third gear... not at the speed of light or anything, and right as I press the clutch pedal down, I hear a BOOM... the clutch pedal stays on the floor.. and I start to panic a little..
Good thing I am in a neighborhood, and not in traffic...

I stomp on the clutch a few times, and, finally, it comes back up... But, it shifts really hard, and feels like there are two friction points in the clutch...

I called the dealer where I bought the car 5 months ago and was told to bring it in... I limp it up to the closest MAZDASPEED certified dealer (50 miles from here) and figure that all would be good.. I have the CPO warranty AND the extended warranty on top of that...

After about a week I find out that the clutch has come apart, the flywheel is broken, and the pressure plate has turned blue from all of the heat generated by the other two components disintegrating. (see pics below) The dealer then tells me that this damage is usually caused by "high RPM engagements" and that neither Mazda nor whatever insurance company manages the extended warranty... SO..... this repair is going to cost me $3000.00

After my heart began beating again, and my breathing resumed something that was almost normal..... I began to argue with the dealer... To make a really long story only long...;) Out of good faith, the dealer split the bill with me and it ended up costing me $1500.00 to fix a car that is covered under two different bumper to bumper warranties.....

Just a note... be prepared!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why do I have a feeling you got screwed? I feel like the dealership is going to submit the whole $3000 as warranty to Mazda AND your $1500. I could be wrong but I've seen it happen before.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
i got my clutch and flywheel replaced and installed for under 1300$....

no dealer mind you but you still got raped

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel like I got screwed too... but I don't think that I really had a choice...

Once they pulled the clutch apart and found what was wrong, I couldn't very well say to just give it back and I will fix it myself... Then they would have found a way to void both of the warranties and I would have been screwed even worse down the road...

Damned if I do, and damned if I don't
Live and learn, I guess

·
Registered
224 Posts
dealers will always find an excuse to make it the owner's fault so they dont have to honor the warranty
jerks
not when you have a bmw :)

·
Administrator
1,446 Posts
Hey so I am not an expert on cars but i know my fair share on warranties, worked in that industry for a little while.

Contact the warranter directly, and ask questions about a "situation" don't let them know exactly what happen, just ask general questions about the part. That's a good way to catch them in a scam, because as far as I remember that part should be covered.

Hope that helps a little, and again I may be wrong, iv been outta the business for a few years.

Thanks Helena

·
Registered
4 Posts
So ireplaced my ms6 clutch and flywheel, spec stage two clutch and fidanza light wieght single mass flywheel' luv it, only it makes a lot of gear noise, makes my car sound like diesel jetta tdi. and as soon as i push my clutch in the noise stops. is this norm?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts