Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change one of my catalytic converters. I know the vehicle has 4 total. The one I want to change is near the resonator of my MF catback. It is the one located off of the exhaust manifold about half-way middle of the car. What size MF catalytic converter would I need? Size meaning pipe wise...I guess I would be installing it on the original factory pipe so if anyone knows the size of the original pipe then that would help me out?

Do I need to install clamps to hold the thing on to the pipe or is welding recommended?

Lastly, do I need to install an "universal air flow kit" as well? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by mymazda62003@Oct 31 2005, 06:19 PM
I want to change one of my catalytic converters.  I know the vehicle has 4 total.  The one I want to change is near the resonator of my MF catback.  It is the one located off of the exhaust manifold about half-way middle of the car.  What size MF catalytic converter would I need?  Size meaning pipe wise...I guess I would be installing it on the original factory pipe so if anyone knows the size of the original pipe then that would help me out?

Do I need to install clamps to hold the thing on to the pipe or is welding recommended?

Lastly, do I need to install an "universal air flow kit" as well?  Thanks for your help.
[snapback]547090[/snapback]​
Why do you want to change it?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
If you really want a convertor, a universal one should be used, and welded on. Magnaflow has a few catalytic converters, but none which are made to direct fit the Mazda6. Piping I THINK off the top of my head in 2" inlet, 2.25" outlet... don't quote me on that one.

But I don't know much about the CP-E headers, except I really want to get them, haha, but if they do in fact include the CC from headers to resonator, direct fit, get that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
PRacing
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing