Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already lost one of my 6s's to clogged cats and now my wife's 04 6s is starting to show signs. What are some options? I hate spending $2000 to replace all the cats.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Depending on where you live and the emissions requirement, any competent exhaust shop can use universal cats which are much less expensive and may flow even better. However, most "exhaust" shops cant bend or weld for crap, hacks are a better word for most of them....:)

Chris

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've already lost one of my 6s's to clogged cats and now my wife's 04 6s is starting to show signs. What are some options? I hate spending $2000 to replace all the cats.

Did you not get any CEL's before your engine failed? Also what are the signs on your wife's car?

I replaced my 2 pre-cats due to P0421 and P0431 CEL's respectively, but the main cats are still the originals.

I would think you can get an exhaust shop to replace both pre-cats with aftermarket direct fit for less than $2000.

Scott

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey have you seen that $50 special on ebay with the 4.5in can exhaust! because loud is fast obviously! jk, i think you could get one from autopartswarehouse.com, the reason why cat's are so expensive is because they have prectious metals in them there isnt really a way around it that i know of,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you not get any CEL's before your engine failed? Also what are the signs on your wife's car?

I replaced my 2 pre-cats due to P0421 and P0431 CEL's respectively, but the main cats are still the originals.

How many cats r on one of these i ask cause I might buy one
I would think you can get an exhaust shop to replace both pre-cats with aftermarket direct fit for less than $2000.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts