·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got back from Carmax
2006 MS6 sport no options 5000 miles I bought it for 21900
Carmax offer 20000
Just giving an update who were curios
[/b]
Wow, thats pretty good actually. Maybe the rebates don't affect it's value used??

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Less than year old car, sticker at $28.5k. Trade in offer of $20k. Unless you got in at the bottom floor, that is pretty painful figure to swallow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Less than year old car, sticker at $28.5k. Trade in offer of $20k. Unless you got in at the bottom floor, that is pretty painful figure to swallow.
[/b]
Yeah, I guess you are right, but if you take into consideration what most people are really paying for them, then it's hardly a hit at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/b]
Like I said above I paid 21900, so I think it's pretty good :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
That makes me sick, knowing if I traded mine in right now, I lost 6K after rebates/discounts.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I work for CarMax.... :)

Which one did you get your appraisal done at?

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's pretty good, within $500 of what they were selling for new a month ago. I will probably keep my Speed for a year and sell it before I have to pay personal property tax. My guess is that it will do well in 12 months, as long as I stay away from Mr. Mod.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I bought my 06 GT from Carmax in Rockville, MD (was actually located in Raleigh, NC before I had it moved) for 22,998. Had 6700 miles, a moonroof and that's it. I love it but wish I would have found it new at a desperate dealer... :swearin: Anyway, an 06 Sport with 14K for $24K tells me our cars hit the valley in terms of pricing and are on they're way back up to respectable. :yesnod: Edmunds had mine at over $30K for their TMV pricing when I bought it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I kind of figured they'd hold well. They don't know how much dealer cash they had. I bet some of them would say more. I got my sport for $21k, but then you roll in doc fee, taxes, and any neg equity, but I'm right where I was.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
So can we get some scans / pictures of these 21,000 sales tags?

Considering GT sticker was 36,000... and Sport sticker was around 28,000-30.000.... YES each dealership had slightly different options and stickers and markups... but on average... anywhere you looked about 6 months ago that what they were at...

so going from.. lets say a fully stripped empty speed6.. .at 28,000 sticker... how do you get down to 21,000?

·
Registered
826 Posts
To answer your question 28k to 21k is the result of lack of general market interest. the MS6 is a damn good car, yet outside of this forum, only the people that have come in contact with our car, and those close to us know about it. The rest of the world is completely oblivious. Chalk it up if you will to the fact that 1) the MS6 wasn't advertised at all recently, and slightly more around 2004-2005 2) The number of issues at the beginning that gave it the crappy grades from review mags.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^ True.... I guess i'm bitter for having paid 32,000 for fully loaded GT... when I probably COULD have gotten it for 28,000 or less...

I PERSONALLY feel my car is better than an EVO or STI.. which both run 34,000+ which is why I was willing to pay 32,000 for it... Just sucks to know that the rest of the world sees it differently and that this similarly powerful and optioned (better options) evo/sti type vehicle... is selling for over 10,000 less...

·
Registered
829 Posts
well, it's great for everyone that got their ms6 for 6k below msrp and all, but those of us early adpoters...well, we're screwed and won't be selling/trading for a while.

KBB says that it's worth A LOT more, but well, what does it know. Said my old car was worth 3k trade in and I could barely get 1800.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got back from Carmax
2006 MS6 sport no options 5000 miles I bought it for 21900
Carmax offer 20000
Just giving an update who were curios
[/b]

I went to a Subaru dealership to get a WRX and after a week of battle they gave me 20 for my car as well but the deal didnt go thru

[/b]

Dude i was offered 18...I WAS LIKE HELL NO. Then after a week they offered me 20 for it. This car is going to depreciate more then anything and im not sure why.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Did you really buy a car to sell it 1 year later? Any time you do that you are going to take a huge loss.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
^^^^^^ YUPPPP!!!!

Personally I like to watch the value of my car... see what its currently worth.. for whatever reason... However I have NO plans to sell or trade it in. THE ONLY vehicle i'd ever have considered trading it in for was the 335i (BMW).... because at first I was told and lead to believe it was Twin Turbo AWD 300 HP.... BMW.. thats exactly what we got... exactly what EVO / STI's are... but BMW... lol...

Only to find out that the 335i is rear wheel drive only.... shitty to drive... and the 228i is AWD but only 240hp... non turbo... so screw those.... Speed6 all the way!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts