Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that a crago net is avaiable as an accessory. Does anyone know how it mounts to the trunk? I have a cargo net from my previous car and was hoping I could use it, but I don't see mounting points for it.
TIA

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Cargo net

The cargo net in our estate is, I belive, in the same unit as that thing you pull out to hide what's in the trunk. It's hung in the roof on two plastic pieces at each end. Like a roller blind but upside down... sortof :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cargo net'

Just bought it and installed it.

1. There is a drilling involved. You'll need 2 drill bits: 8mm (5/16") and 13mm (1/2") drill bits
2. The instruction was pretty confusing. You have to use smaller bit to drill hole in the metal and bigger bit to drill in plastic trim.
3. Be careful pulling out the trim piece and don't break the plastic pins it is attached on the bottom.
4. Collect the metal shavings into a towel if you don't want to take out mat and clean it afterwards.

I'm used to having cargo net in my other car Nissan Altima, so I had to install one in the M6. Very convenient feature!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Cargo net'

Thanks for the info. I agree that the net is a great thing to have. Does the net come with the pieces that the net mounts to? Where exactly do you have to drill?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reading Topic: Cargo net

Yes, the net comes with all the necessary pieces.

You only drill 4 pre-existing holes to enlarge them to 8mm (5/16") size in the body. The same applies to 4 holes/slots in the plastic trim with 13mm (1/2").

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts