Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have instructions (and pics) for installing the cargo net on a Speed6? I did a search but came up with a couple of dead links that were supposed to show pictures and details. Got this for Xmas but no instructions in the bag. Sounds like a little drilling is needed so I want to make sure I have the right info before butchering my car. Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
If it's a factory accessory there should have been instructions. Did you try checking with the dealer it was purchased from? They might have a spare copy floating around.

Yes, you will have to drill out four holes in the trunk. You will be enlarging some that are already there, so no worries about getting them in the wrong place (unless your drill bit is dull and it walks!). The upper ones are in some thin tabs, I put a piece of wood behind them so I wouldn't bend the tabs. I'll dig out the instructions tonight and see if I can't scan them, if not then I will give you the write up. Or, PM me your address and I will mail you a copy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks chief...PM sent....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Give the man a break. First place most people will check for something is the forum for their car. If it is their first Mazda they probably won't know about the relationship to the regular Mazda6. I can't blame him for wanting to make sure he doesn't screw up his car, I'm pretty anal about mine.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brake yourself. this was no flame. i merely pointed out that if you use the :search: function you'll find multiple threads on this very subject. i even included the link with the scanned instructions. people who want to avoid flaming should post in the Newbie section.

here's another thread with some tasty pics
direct link to the instructions
[/b]
No disrespect but searching on "cargo net" produces 9 pages worth of results and multiple dead links for installations. I tried to make that known in the original post so I wouldn't get the "Search first" reply.

But I do appreciate you reposting your link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.