1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have carbotech on the miata. When the brakes need to be replaced on the speed I will probably go for a 4 piston or 6 piston caliper.

·
Registered
426 Posts
change the calipers? why bother? the speed already has awesome brakes..... maybe for looks only... but that's lots of $ to pay for prettier brakes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I hope none of you will experience this, but I've experienced the GOD power of the brakes.

I've went from 35MPH to 0 in an instant, and I mean instant. Like 2-3 feet stopping distance, when I accidentally stabbed the brake pedal instead of the gas pedal to revmatch a downshift (don't ask). I hit my head on the steering wheel and had reverse-whiplash; no wheel-lock, ABS didn't even engage! We have GOD BRAKES.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Correct, the stopping power was better then the Z06. Youre missing one part. Better at 1 run. Take the Z06 for multiple stops and itll out perform our brakes any day. Ours fade quickly after repeated stopping. However, they ARE amazing at stopping when you need or dont need to :)

Jason

·
Registered
426 Posts
Correct, the stopping power was better then the Z06. Youre missing one part. Better at 1 run. Take the Z06 for multiple stops and itll out perform our brakes any day. Ours fade quickly after repeated stopping. However, they ARE amazing at stopping when you need or dont need to :)

Jason
[/b]
and when was the last time you had yours fade on you?...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Agreed, I took a light-medium stab at the brakes and damn near smacked my head on the steering wheel, not to mention the sound of all my CD cases in the center console smacking the front of the console.

·
Registered
998 Posts
and when was the last time you had yours fade on you?...
[/b]
I haven't, but I also haven't gone autoXing or done any type of racing with repeated braking.

However those that have done this in tests have noted the fade.

Jason

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well fade is mostly because of the compound our brake pads are made of, so these should take most of this fade out. Also, there is always room for improvement, especially in braking :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
barberjohn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing