Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great job, looks great. Damn I would love to do that to the big pieces of black trim on my CX-5.

How much did it cost you?

That's a great idea for the CX-5

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im trying to wrap certain parts of my Jet Black 6 as well but 2ndName is right you would notice much if you do a carbon fiber wrap the same place Jcollins28 had it. Anyone have any ideas what parts of my car I can wrap, nothing over the top just something simple and what color?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have a liquid silver 6 and was looking to do the fron't lip with the 3M brushed steel vinyl wrap, because there is too much black on the front right now. I might also wrap the shift boot surround gloss black trim with the excess, to see what it looks like. I think it may look cool. At least nothing is permanent.

Since I went to a single exhaust I'm leaving the rear black section alone because the hole for the missing exhaust is less noticeable that way, otherwise I'd probably do a gloss black wrap or carbon fiber like above.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I love this look. I would be very intrigued to see what the stock rims would look like with hydrodipped carbon fiber on it..

Anyone looking into or find this anywhere? Also know how durable it would be as a finish for a rim?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Was thinking of trying to wrap some stuff. Who makes the best carbon fiber wrap for stuff like this?
3m di-noc vinyl wrap is what the stuff is called. Relatively cheap and you can find it everywhere on the internet.

I love this look. I would be very intrigued to see what the stock rims would look like with hydrodipped carbon fiber on it..

Anyone looking into or find this anywhere? Also know how durable it would be as a finish for a rim?
Hydro dipping and vinyl wrapping are two very different processes. Hydro dipping is well suited for rims but vinyl wrap on the other hand can be hard to get it to contour to the sharp edges and curves of a rim. It is durable stuff though, I've had it on my roof for a few years and it has held up great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
106 Posts
3m di-noc vinyl wrap is what the stuff is called. Relatively cheap and you can find it everywhere on the internet.

Hydro dipping and vinyl wrapping are two very different processes. Hydro dipping is well suited for rims but vinyl wrap on the other hand can be hard to get it to contour to the sharp edges and curves of a rim. It is durable stuff though, I've had it on my roof for a few years and it has held up great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yes I am aware of the difference. I would much prefer a hydrodip than a vinyl wrap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts