Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between these two choices which is a better hood for quality,workmanship,etc.?
VIS evo style hood or
Seibon evo style hood?
The reason I ask is that my seibon hood has been on order for over a month now and i am contemplating cancelling it and going with a vis.Looking for some feedback from other members.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
well....I have a Seibon CF hood. Granted its the VS II and not the evo hood that you are looking at. But, if you want higher quality, stick with Seibon and wait it out. Many members on here have complained of the VIS CF hoods becuase of their quality. Color change and turning yellowish is what i heard a lot of. Have not heard those complaints with the Seibon. People who got a VIS usually regret not getting a Seibon.

So obviously...i would recommend seibon. I wish i could tell you if my seibon hood has faded over time but its impossible for me to tell you since i had mine painted.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
VIS is a much lower quality hood than seibon. It should tell you something that your hood is on backorder. People want quality so they are backordered...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
my vis hood.. has no discoloration.. fitment is excellent as well...
no complaints here...

·
Registered
243 Posts
seibon all the way. Im saving right now to get one myself. Just wait patientl, once you get it you wont regret it.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Vis hood here, invader. Didn't have complaints on it for the LONGEST time BUT... I've had it on my car over 2 years so, you can't expect it to hold up forever, eh?

I've got slight hazing of the clear / gelcoat around the vent and upper corner near the drivers side door. It sucks, and it's just now starting, otherwise it's awesome, fitment, etc.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have to get the entire thing painted :sarc:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I HAVE A....whoa....caps.....i have a seibon oem style CF hood, and i love it to death. fitment was/is fantastic. after all the bad things i heard about VIS, i decided on the seibon. besides, therpmstore probably doesn't carry them for a reason (talking out of my ass).

i will say one thing tho....it seems like my hood shakes at high speeds, but i'm pretty sure that's normal/i'm crazy.

seibon = :love:

·
Registered
159 Posts
All carbon fiber hoods for all cars shake/vibrate at high speed. They get some air underneath them and it needs to escape.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hence the reason it says to install hood pins. Put pins in mine awhile back.

You've all heard the horror stories about the latch coming out of the CF hood and basically, the hood flips up, destroys your hood, windshield, roof / paint job... it's worth a $50 investment.
[/b]
not what i wanted to hear, black!!!

hood pins make my heart sad.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The most important thing to remember is you are not going to get exact OEM fitment with any company. Sure some are going to fit better than others but in most cases you will not see 1:1 fitment. Why is this important? If you're the kind of person that is going to take a millimeter ruler and measure the fender gap on both sides, expecting the measurements to be equal, then you should not purchase a carbon fiber hood.

On a side note, I have a feeling they're all mass produced in the same Asian factory but I have no proof.

·
Registered
394 Posts
vis is a good quality hood. i had one on my last car for a couple years fit/looked great. im getting ready to order a oem style hood from vis for my 6 pretty soon.

and just because a company doesnt cary a certin brand doesnt mean its crap. there could be a hundred reasons why they dont cary them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts