Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here it is. I've been looking around at bodykits for our 6 and honestly I don't have the money for it right now. So I've decided To just add on to the affect of the sport bumpers with splitters. I got them in carbon fiber because I love the effect of carbon fiber on a silver car. And then hopefully in the future slap on a carbon fiber hood on my baby. I'm also looking into getting the Evolution VIII carbon fiber rear wing for my car, to add to the whole silver carbon fiber look. IMO I like the silver car with carbon fiber look. To each their own. But Just let me know what you think honestly.

Oh by the way, I don't have those license plates any more, They say "ATENZA" now.

I've been trying to get pics on here, but I can't seem to get them on. If anyone knows how or I can email them to you, can you post them up for me. I really wanna share this mod with you guys. To help everyone out if possible.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Splitters

Got them:

Would like to see a stand-back shot of the whole front bumper, so we can see how it looks from a distance.

- Well ask I shall recieve :p

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

whoaaa..dya need to post so many pics?
mmmm..duznt look any good IMO
how bout u guys out there?

·
Registered
126 Posts

Sorry man I think that is kinda rice looking...but that is just my opinion.

And as they say opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one and they normally stink.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Not my cup of tea either, but if you like it, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Splitters'

I don't think it looks rice, it just looks stupid. Just my opinion.

Just something extra sticking out to easily break off.

·
Registered
163 Posts

come on guys, lets not turn this into a flame forum please? Keep the comments respectable.

I will also say nay on this one. Perhaps on a black 6 where it wouldn't stand out so much but even so .. those splitters look out of place. Takes away from the clean lines of the bumper/body.

oh and btw, please post warnings on picture sizes for the 56k'ers! Either that try resizing the pics a little ( lower the resolution ).

·
Registered
628 Posts

Good for you, makes it unique...just not my cup 'o' tea!

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Yeah.. I am all for making a car unique, one of the many reasons why I bought a 6. I am just not a big fan of carbon fiber by any means. Anyways, atleast you are on your way to making it even more unique! Good job.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

What is that supposed to BE? ;-) Sorry man.

·
Registered
272 Posts

I personally wouldn't get it but I don't think it looks THAT bad. Afterall, its your car not anybody elses. If I went with what my friends went I would have bought some shitty Honda Accord.

·
Registered
388 Posts

i don't think it looks very bad, i just dont think it looks very good either. i would rather have gotten a front lip add-on. it does look kinda cool though.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Those are not for me. Do they acctually do anything? Improve aerodynamics or something? Or are they just for looks?

·
Registered
43 Posts

I don't care for the look, but they do look like they would keep the front end from digging in if you hit deep snow. :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Splitters

Kind of a "cow-catcher" or a rice shovel...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Carbon Fiber Front Bumper Splitters

it looks ok, you really need to get further away from you car and take a whole body shot. im sure there is no point seeing closeup shots of your addon when we can't see the overall image of the car. im holding my judgement before i see better pictures. I've seen these addons on jap atenzas, they look quite nice.

·
Registered
383 Posts

Originally posted by miso

it looks ok, you really need to get further away from you car and take a whole body shot.  im sure there is no point seeing closeup shots of your addon when we can't see the overall image of the car. im holding my judgement before i see better pictures.  I've seen these addons on jap atenzas, they look quite nice.[/b]
I don't think one could GET far enough away for those things to look good! ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts