Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you wanting to put a carputer in your car for your stereo and want to use your factory radio for control and sound (I beleive this includes steerign wheel control too), check it out.

http://car2pc.com/maz_beta.html

I signed up for beta testing already and I beleive it will be shipping out in March? I am not a rep of this company but just thought I would share. For more info on their stuff go here:

http://www.car2pc.com
http://www.indashpc.org

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
+1 Good find. Looks like after the test it only costs $39. Might be worth it to sign up since you never know when you'll need it.

Says though that "* Radio must have firmware version v9.55 or later (check with your dealre for that)".

How do we check our firmware again on the blose setup?[/b]
There was a thread on checking the Firware but no one seemed to know. I assumed since it works on cars 02+, that the newer cards should be fine. I showed the company rep a pic of my dash and he said it should work.

Additonal info for those looking at this option, it plugs into the cd changer/Sat port of the radio. So if you have uninstalled the radio and are not using it, then this will not work for you. My factory fadio was left intact to keep it looking stock to deter theives. Also, there is a plugin for Winamp and it works with Road Runner.

I'll post back my review of it when I get it.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
too bad I just swapped out my stock head unit, this would have been nice. Although I would have been really pissed if I had bought this and then the metra came out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone has received the CAR2PC-MAZ please PM me! I am VERY interested. I am about to pull the trigger on the AuxMod Basic by Sylfex until I found the post. Please post results.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If anyone has received the CAR2PC-MAZ please PM me! I am VERY interested. I am about to pull the trigger on the AuxMod Basic by Sylfex until I found the post. Please post results.[/b]
I got my Car2PC about a week ago and finally got around to installing it last night. I have an 06 Speed6. It seemed to work just fine. I didn't play with it a whole lot, but I hooked up a regular mp3 player (1/8th inch headphone jack) that worked perfectly. I hooked up the USB and 1/8" jack into my laptop and installed the winamp plugin.

Worked well. The volume and mute buttons work fine (They adjust the car volume like they used to). The Up and Down buttons on the steering wheel move the winamp track up and down (i.e. the Up button = next track).

All in all, a very easy install and so far works well. I will post more after I have had a chance to really play with it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have it already in my car.. works great.

Theres some small delay of 8 seconds after selecting a new playlist before you can use the controls to select different songs in winamp, but we are working on resolving that with the developer. I love it!

it was SO easy to install to

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have it already in my car.. works great.

Theres some small delay of 8 seconds after selecting a new playlist before you can use the controls to select different songs in winamp, but we are working on resolving that with the developer. I love it!

it was SO easy to install to[/b]

Hoe do you install his? Does the console need to come out?

Which side of the stereo does it plug in to?

cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
464 Posts
You remove the stereo, plug it directly into the back.

Has a stereo headphone connector and USB.

Load USB drivers to control your software with your steering wheel or radio.

VERY easy to install.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Does the Sat radio display text? Does it plug into the rear CD changer port too? Just curious, because I believe that it isn't possible to get text unless you use the modular port under the stereo where MD/tape unit would go. That is the one that the AUX mod uses and the connector for that was VERY hard for them to source...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Bought this a while back for my 06 6S

Did not work, flashed No Disc.

Had them send me "new firmware"

received the guts of a new unit. Tried again, no luck.

Waiting for them to get back to me, but so far I am very unhappy with my experience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.