Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:swearin: Well, my battery died and I tried to get a jump from a friend;he hooked up the termanals backwards (black on red) from normal. Now, my car won't even turn over (the starter) it just does nothing. Every time I turn the key it seems like the car resets...the gauges do a self test , I can't get any power to anything when the key is in off, but when I turn the key to on again the gauges do a self test and all lights work. It seems to me that I have burned up a fuses some where but I tried to replace most of them still with no luck:swearin:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had a similar situation over a month ago, but, it was a long time coming since I was complaining of slower start-ups from September forward. The battery was essentially gradually dying permanently. By the end of December with the below-freezing temperatures and snow, it took a permanent vacation and I thought that the problem could have been something worse, such as a bad starter or alternator. I ended up switching out the batteries and my car has been running excellently ever since. Just to test this (if you can't afford a new battery just yet), see if you can find a battery that'll fit in your engine bay, hook it up, and try starting the car. Hopefully, it'll work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me..i didnt put the wires on backward..lol but my car wouldnt turn over and i jus got a new battery and the car went back to normal..i also have an 05 6i..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts