Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my battery was dead and I bought a new one because it wouldn't jump. Once I had both terminals conected, the parking lights turned on. When I try to turn the ignition, nothing happens but the windshield wipers start going. The lights and the wipers are turned off, but they keep going. No indicator lights turn on or anything.

I have tried dissconnecting the negitive terminal, but it doesn't do anything.

The locks don't work, no radio, nothing. Please help, I have a road trip in two days!

Thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
damn dont know what to tell you. but i was gonna say instead of getting new one, could get this and this with $10 off coupon. better than replacing OEM battery

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I haven't done any work to the car. It's completely stock.

I have no need for a light weight battery, but thanks.

Also, I checked all the fuses and none of them are bad.

The horn also is blowing continuously

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welp... I would take the battery out, and make sure the terminals are clean, and give it a few minutes so that all the memory in the car dies. Then try again...

You might have a major electrical problem... Maybe a storm or power line hit your car... It dont sound good... But then this car has shown to do odd stuff when it comes to the battery so who knows.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I was doing electrical work with my trunk light today and when I turned on the car nothing electrical turned on:ac, radio, even some engine parts. I checked my fuses in the hood, everything is good. I checked the fuses in the driver side and There IT IS. Blown main fuse.

That's what fixed my car I don't know if it would fix yours.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
same thing with my gf's volvo couple of months ago... i installed a new battery for her, and once i connected everything, the turning signal flashes as if it was turn on (but it's not)... then her dad asked their trusted mechanic, and he gave her dad the directions for installing the new battery... and it worked for her... i forgot what his directions were... maybe you could try asking a mechanic about it...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Maybe check the starter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.