Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm taking it in Monday to get it checked, but wanted to see if anybody else ever had this happen.

2006 SPORT model...not the GT. I'm not sure but I thought the GT had a different key thingy?

The key fob will not lock the doors, but it will unlock them just fine. (I have to lock with the door button)

The express down windows work from inside the car using the door buttons, but they do not express roll down while holding the unlock button on the key fob.

This behavior is the same with both key fobs. And, yes, the LEDs on the key fobs light up.

Weird.

Anyone else have this exact problem???

EDIT: No feedback signals with the parking lights or horn either. Hope it just needs to be relearned.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Only time it gets "stuck" unlocking but not locking is when you have a door, the hood, or the trunk open. Open everything, make sure clearances are fine, and close everything snugly again.

Should let you lock.

Post back!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (P057 @ Jun 6 2009, 05:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1569725
Only time it gets "stuck" unlocking but not locking is when you have a door, the hood, or the trunk open. Open everything, make sure clearances are fine, and close everything snugly again.

Should let you lock.

Post back![/b]
Hehe! Holy crap! That was it!

I feel so dumb now. I remember taking the bike rack off the back of the car yesterday and opened the trunk a bit to get the straps out from under the trunk lip. Obviously I didn't shut the trunk.

It's a wonder the trunk didn't rattle driving around later...oh well.

Thanks man! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
QUOTE (schudel5 @ Jun 6 2009, 05:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1569728
Hehe! Holy crap! That was it!

I feel so dumb now. I remember taking the bike rack off the back of the car yesterday and opened the trunk a bit to get the straps out from under the trunk lip. Obviously I didn't shut the trunk.

It's a wonder the trunk didn't rattle driving around later...oh well.

Thanks man! :yesnod:[/b]

Yep, no problem. I found it out a long time ago when working on my car. Didn't want to close the hood, but wanted the car locked.

Glad that helped you out before you had to make a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I charged up the battery in the car on my Mazda 6 2003 hatch and the key fob now locks the doors.
RAndy

·
Registered
1 Posts

Should let you lock.
Thank you. This info just helped me. My mums car was broken into last night and couldn’t get it to lock today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts