Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed an annoying problem after washing my car. I went through the wash this afternoon. After washing the car, I rolled down the drivers window to talk to a friend. The problem is that every time I roll down any window after washing the car, when I roll it back up the window is smeared with dirty water. It leaves dirty water marks on the windows. I've had this happen before even after letting the car sit for a few hours after washing it, not rolling down any window. Has anybody else noticed this happening or is it just me?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Right now my car is currently getting a snowflake washing. Urggggggg. I haven't noticed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My other vehicles I have. Not the MS6. I just keep the windows up for a couple hours and I'm good. Never get much dirt tho. The ol lady use to do that all the time (rolling down the windows after a wash).

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I have this happen, too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
How is this speed6 specific? You should post this in "Show and Shine" - there is a lot of stuff outside of the mazdaspeed6 section....

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just let them dry longer. I dont put down the windows for almost the hole day after a wash. But if the mistake is make i just hit it up with alittle windex.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rain X the side windows....it'll never happen again.

Just let them dry longer. I dont put down the windows for almost the hole day after a wash. But if the mistake is make i just hit it up with alittle windex.
[/b]
The hole day? I'm confused.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yeah have some patience, you just washed your car, why roll the windows down knowing there is still water down inside there?? ofcourse your gonna get streaks and whatever else on them. when I wash my car I don't roll the windows down the rest of that day. and if i need to, like at a drive through or something and it streaks, just clean the window again. doesnt take but 10 seconds..

·
Registered
679 Posts
Or use rain x and they dry the second they roll up.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
My windows will definitely smear if I put them down right away but I don't notice any dirt when that happens. Just keep 'em up for a while and you'll be good.
[/b]
that's exactly what i do... i just sit my car in my garage with all of the doors open and all the windows up after the wash and let it air dry after nabbing the wet spots with a towel to avoid water spots. never had an issue with the windows after a few hours of being up.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I guess the poster means that if the day was shaped like a donut, leaving the windows down for the "hole" day would just be the part in the middle. :laugh:
[/b]

lol i meant that i usually get my washes in the morning and dont have a reason to roll down the windows for the rest of the day so i let it dry all day long. But if i do takes a couple seconds to just wipe the streaks off not to big of a deal i dont think.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
It's not unusual and you just need to avoid opening the windows until you are sure all the extra water has dried. Either that, or carry around a soft cloth to redry the windo after you open it.

Rain-X works some, but even that isn't perfect, IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts