Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the speed was rear-ended today.. :huh: not a pretty site. The car behind me did not have abs, I was stopped... Etc etc.

Estimate came in at +-2-3k depending on what he sees when the bumper is removed... The good new is one intem I will need is a new exhaust.

I mentioned that I know a good system for the exhaust and showed the cp-e site.... he said, we may not need everything they offer, what I need is something from the manifold down.

not knowing jack sh!t about motors... What can I get? I have about $650 credit.

I do know the one muffler is shot, the other is untouched... Basically the left side was damaged.

Little help?

Thanks,
Damaged_Philly_Speed_6

·
Registered
231 Posts
So, does that have everything he will need from the manifold back?
[/b]
i dont know why you would need everything from the manifold back? But no that is everything from the catalytic converter back which is near the front of the car. Everything from the manifold back would be the downpipe and the catback, 650 credit will not buy a brand new exhaust from mazda i dont think, try to get the downpipe too!! :D

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
nah you are going to need a Downpipe....that's over your credit limit for sure

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
manifold back would be manifold, turbo, downpipe, catback. 650 dollars will not cover that whole thing. show him this picture and ask him which sections he needs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
manifold back would be manifold, turbo, downpipe, catback. 650 dollars will not cover that whole thing. show him this picture and ask him which sections he needs.

[/b]
Yeah, I was suspicious when he said that... I will ask him to look into it and tell me what he needs...

Yeah, I was suspicious when he said that... I will ask him to look into it and tell me what he needs...
[/b]
So I had some rather frustrating conversations.. I am such a retard with a car.

Basically,
his question was, if he orders the stock mufflers, can they connect to the cp-e downpipe.

is it a bolt on? How does this work.

I am thinking this is where the Y occurs, the downpipe being the straight shot, and the intersection where both mufflers hookup.

Thanks again guys...

BTW, the image does not work.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the cp-e catback mates to the back of the cat at point "A" as shown in the diagram. it will eliminate both mufflers, the y-section, and the mid section pipe.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Why are you buying when you got rear ended?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why are you buying when you got rear ended?
[/b]
I am using the insurance money allocated for the exhaust damage plus a little out of pocket.

Based on the responses, I can go with the catback... Just curious what I can use stock as in Bolt on... Exhaust etc....

Sending the link of this post to the shop... Lets see what they say.

Edit:
One additional thought... With only $500 +- in credit, why not just get the magnaflow? Performance is not really a big gain but the sound is good.. not to ricey and more mini gt as mentioned in previosu post... Not a bad up from stock.

I think I need to have them cut off the tips and extend the muffler to prevent damage... or come up with a way to protect the bumper (small ring somehow mounted?) Who knows...

Just a thought..

·
Registered
272 Posts
FWIW, If it was me, I would go with the Magnaflow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts