Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have there 6 tuned professionally?...I live in SoCal and would like to know a place that specializes in tuning 6's...I mean I can just go to any shop that does it but you're always run the risk of people doesn't know how to tune it right...I have the CP-E system (CAI and headers) and want to make sure that the whole set-up is installed and running properly...

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
don't go to tri-point, they'll just turn you away or charge too much to change everything.

there is no tuning for you car, though i don't know if you have a 2.3, 3.0, speed....? BUT i do know whatever it is, you can't get it tuned. unless you pay for an aftermarket ECU, you are stuck. though CP-E does a good job out of the box.

...edit, just figured if you have CP-E headers, you have to have a 3.0. now with that figured out.....nope, no tuning

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't go to tri-point, they'll just turn you away or charge too much to change everything.

there is no tuning for you car, though i don't know if you have a 2.3, 3.0, speed....? BUT i do know whatever it is, you can't get it tuned. unless you pay for an aftermarket ECU, you are stuck. though CP-E does a good job out of the box.
...edit, just figured if you have CP-E headers, you have to have a 3.0. now with that figured out.....nope, no tuning
[/b]
I was just asking because now I have a fan issue- fan starts right as I turn the ignition at a cold start...I understand that what does tuning has to do with it...well, I want to make sure that I installed the headers right...unfotunately, I don't know if I did or didn't- I have a CEL and I need a reliable shop to check it out...Damn dealer wouldn't check it out due to the modifications I did...Nevertheless, I'm worried about the fan...this was an issue with my car before and my car overheated (there was a recall for the fan modulator failure and I was never warned)...so, if your fan still runs even after your engine was turned off, you might go have it checked...

·
Registered
586 Posts
mr trea, atom44wat, myself and countless others have scanners if all you want to do is check out the CEL....u will see a CEL with headers....usually something related to the 02 sensor reading to slowly or not reading at all...atom gets a reading to slowly code, i get code that it doesnt read at all...nevertheless...if thats all ur looking to do let us know when ur free and maybe we can set up a date so u can come check it... by the way, atom has msds headers, i have prototype dc sports headers...

about ur fan...does it also stay on when u turn the car off? im unclear about that...let us know

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
yeah, if you are in socal you should swing by sometime, it's easy. the fan is a dealer issue, and if you are under warranty there should be no issue.

doing a brakes and suspension all around on a V6 on friday here, as well as swapping out brakes on an M3 as well....it's a car day, stop by!

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
tri-point is a race team....they don't make things for, forgive the term, "street racers" who never track their car. the stuff they make is real race stuff, looks that way, acts that way & feels that way in the cars.

now i am in no way saying the TriPoint guys are bad or try to rip people off. what i'm saying is if you want a race car they will set you up, but their stuff is far from worth it if you don't track your car. they can set you up with a MOTEC system like they use and tune whatever you want for 7k or so i'm sure.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mr trea, atom44wat, myself and countless others have scanners if all you want to do is check out the CEL....u will see a CEL with headers....usually something related to the 02 sensor reading to slowly or not reading at all...atom gets a reading to slowly code, i get code that it doesnt read at all...nevertheless...if thats all ur looking to do let us know when ur free and maybe we can set up a date so u can come check it... by the way, atom has msds headers, i have prototype dc sports headers...

about ur fan...does it also stay on when u turn the car off? im unclear about that...let us know
[/b]
Tell me when and where...I know most of you peeps are in OC area...yes, I'll swing by this weekend...just give me some info...been wanting to meet you folks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts