Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While going to lunch yesterday I decided to check on my car only to find a suss looking guy hanging around my M6... it then hit me this [email protected]$%a%d was going to try and break into my car..so i decided to hang around and keep an eye on him while I notified security. I'm sure if i had left any later for lunch my car would've be gone :(

Anyone else have any probems?? I'm sure it's on all our minds

·
Registered
461 Posts
Reading Topic: car theft/ break-ins

what colours your car?

that could be a real issue as the 6 as it has become a cult car, and it just so desirable. We ordered a Mazda6 sport in classic red, so its gonna be a huge eye opener, and it'll demand attention, and maybe even negative attention such as theft!

·
Registered
322 Posts

Haven't had problems like that yet, but I do feel nervous leaving the car in seedy districts. During the day at work I park in plain view of the receptionist so that's no problem. At night it's garaged. The shopping centres I go to are patrolled by security, so I'd only have to worry when I park it on the street in some shabby neighbourhood, which I think I've done once since getting the car. On the bright side I got the alarm fitted as well, plus decided against the sports kit... so hopefully someone's sports package without alarm is more desirable than my non-sports with alarm. Sorry guys, I'd much rather it be your car than mine :p

Hehe,
-- Rainchild

·
Registered
28 Posts

If you think the M6 is a pain in the ass. Try owning a WRX for 4 years and not have some dodgy looking guy eyeing it over when parking to go to the movies. Its a pain in the arse ! I have no doubt that it won't be long before the M6 is targeted just like the WRX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replying to Topic 'car theft/ break-ins'

Hi alexchu, i own a yellow Luxury Sports so as you can guess it dose stand out a little.:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I know how you feel binks there are some real low lifes out there, Mate i came so close to buying a WRX an MY03 in white but went for the M6 only because the incurance was half the price, but i still love'em, :) I have an STI on my list for my next car only If the MPS dose'nt make here in AUS.

·
Registered
461 Posts

will our standard immobilisers have much affect on theft? i mean, most of the thieves arent professional....so will they know how to get past an immobiliser?

·
Registered
119 Posts

The basic immobilser will stop the average amateur joyrider but imagine the shitload of malicious damagre they can still do just by smashing a window & stuffing the interior or worse trying to rip out the bose! The mind boggles as to what some of these morons are on.
I must admit I kinda like the nerves of checking where i'm parking the M6. My ex VX Calais crud box just couldn't be stolen, even if I left the bloody keys in it. SO undesirable is GMH

·
Registered
156 Posts

Hey Steve, I thought your brother was the reason you changed your mind from a boring looking rex to a sleek yellow mazda 6! I should be the one taking the credit hey.
But back to the topic, what about the black luxury hatch we saw with the broken drivers side window. Someone had smashed it and their was glass all over the leather seats. The guy didnt even clean it off, he was driving with glass on his seat embedding his ass.

·
Registered
50 Posts

well... i had my bloody digi cam stolen from my friends car so i cant bloody well post any photos

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

haha...interesting topic.Now I guess the white M6 that I am getting will in someway lessen the chance of the lowlife stuffing the new car up :) What do you think?I am trying to convince myself that I haven't made a bad decision in chosing the white, as the other colours that I want will mean, I won't have the M6 to have fun in...man I can't wait :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

ok my story's not about a stolen 6 but about a civic :D.
well my friend drives this hatchback civic, with no exterior modifications n stuff.The only thing he did was change the audioheadunit and a set of sound system(amps,subs,etc2).
So one day, he went to BP in Toorak Suburb(district for rich ppl in melb). After he filled the petrol in, he left the car(and the key) then pay for the petrol. But WALAH! when he went back for his car, the car's gone!!! Although the cops found his car, but still...though...
So what dya guys reckon? just a coincidance or those joy riders are experts with civic?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

well with my 6 though,i've had numerous feelings that
'this guy seems weird..i should look at my 6 for another minute or two'
so sometimes i stand from some place far and notice if someone's after my car :D
but lucky me..nothing has ever happened..specially someone who'd scratch the car(easier than to steal the car)
anyone experienced this b4?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts