Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short. Needed to change pads and rotors. Long story short I did everything as told. It went into maintenance mode. Did the job and not having a big big issue trying to get it back. I have tried a million times and nothing. The car wont even start so I am having quite the issue. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
So long story short. Needed to change pads and rotors. Long story short I did everything as told. It went into maintenance mode. Did the job and not having a big big issue trying to get it back. I have tried a million times and nothing. The car wont even start so I am having quite the issue. Any help would be great.
Thanks.
It's the battery. The parking brake will not operate if the battery is super drained, seems like you left the car on when doing the brakes and it drained the battery. I would try charging the battery first before anything else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I left the battery on for a long time. Or so it seems. How would I be able to charge the battery under these circumstances? Because the key thing keeps flashing essentially locking me out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure I left the car "on" but maybe I did when I put it in maintenance mode. Would that kill the battery? Thanks by the way.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Not sure I left the car "on" but maybe I did when I put it in maintenance mode. Would that kill the battery? Thanks by the way.
Yes that would definitely kill the battery, and there's a couple ways you could go about it,

1.Jump the car and let it run for roughly 15-20 minutes without touching the brake pedal (except for lightly touching the pedal to start the car)
2. Remove the battery and bring it to a garage/autozone to charge it. Or buy/rent a battery charger.

Personally I would just do the first one. make sure to let the car run in a safe open area, after about 20 mins shut the car off and see if the electronics (ACC) mode stays on. Then you can try and turn maintenance mode off. One thing that stuck out to me though is that you said the key light was on, are you sure you have the key in the car when you're attempting all this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that would definitely kill the battery, and there's a couple ways you could go about it,

1.Jump the car and let it run for roughly 15-20 minutes without touching the brake pedal (except for lightly touching the pedal to start the car)
2. Remove the battery and bring it to a garage/autozone to charge it. Or buy/rent a battery charger.

Personally I would just do the first one. make sure to let the car run in a safe open area, after about 20 mins shut the car off and see if the electronics (ACC) mode stays on. Then you can try and turn maintenance mode off. One thing that stuck out to me though is that you said the key light was on, are you sure you have the key in the car when you're attempting all this?
Just want to thank you. That was definitely it. I was able to get it out of service mode while jumping. Then it started very roughly but she is back to normal after taking her around. Thanks again without ur advice god knows what I would have done.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Just want to thank you. That was definitely it. I was able to get it out of service mode while jumping. Then it started very roughly but she is back to normal after taking her around. Thanks again without ur advice god knows what I would have done.
I'm happy for you that you finally got it. And also happy that I have a CTEK battery charger. I don't have to worry about this thing happening to me if ever I discharge my battery. It happened to my old car before, I left the dome light on. The next day, it won't crank.

·
Registered
2016 6
455 Posts
Glad to be of help! Any other questions feel free to msg me

·
Registered
94 Posts
A battery charger and a digital VOM are essential things to have in your garage, they actually go together on battery state of charge issues. My Schumacher charger is probably over 30 years old, one of the old heavy ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts