Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So, I want to know i fanyone else has this problem or I dunno.

It's going to be a very vague description. Since I don't have alot of info on the problem, But I will try to be as decitptive as I can ...So bare with me..

Anyways. My car has stalled on me twice now. I have a 2005 6i ATX with about 42k miles on her.

The first time. I was on my way home. Got off the interstate. made it through town. about 5 minutes or so, Then at a stoplight. It just died... No rattling no flux in RPM's. Just died for no reason...

It started right up, sounded fine, ran fine, no CEL....

The the second time. Was cruising on the interstate to a friends house. got off.. about 10 minutes after getting off. as I turned the steering wheel to run in to his place. While still moving, not at a stop. all of a sudden I notice the steering tighten up. (had the music loud). Looks down at the guages. Car died on me.

I remember RIGHT before this happening. whil I was driving down the road. everything felt find except when I gavge it gas, It felt weaker then usualy. You get used to the power your car has and how it feels. so I was able to tell it was lacking when I gave it gas. Didn't think much of it untill it died.

Started it up. Started fine, Ran fine. Popped the hood, Everything sounded normal. Got on it a little. The power felt back to normal. and NO CEL at all still..Which left me very confused.

The time frame between the 2 times it happened was almost 2 months or so.. I know I can't take it to the dealer. They will just be like "Everything is fine, No CEL, we couldn't get it to die on us for no reason.

But it worried be because I am almost done with warrenty.. So I wanted to look on here to see if it sounds familiar to anyone else or not. ...

Each time it has happened. The car has been good and warmed up alreadyl. This last time it occured was at night. The Temp was around 18f outside. But i'm wanting to say, The first time was pretty warm out... I could be wrong though. If it was colder. It would't have been in the freezing range though.

I mena. When it happens. It does so in the manner that I can't tell untill afterwards. No rattling or stuttering of the car or RPM's. nothing. It just goes dead as if I turned the key to shut it off.. Always starts back up fine and sounds and runs normal with no CEL after.

So far its only happened twice.. Any suggestions on what it could be so I could take it to the dealer with a little more confidenace on what the problem is in hopes they won't give me that CAN'T DUPLICATE crap?..

I have the CP-e MAFCI. been on since last winter sometime with no problems. Throttle Body coolant bypass.. just the usual crap I guess.....

**edit**

Just 5 minutes ago. I decided to run to Arby's to get something to eat real fast. I had to start it 4 times before it would stay started. (it hasn't ran all night and it's like 22f outside. but it never did any of this last winter..

·
Registered
531 Posts
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the fuel pump or ECU. In either case, you should probably take it to the dealer anyway. They may surprise you and have the answer sooner than you think.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Your throttle body may be going bad, I would have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Throttle-Body Problems.

I've had that happen as well, including the no-start.
[/b]
Atleast it's something simple..

Anyone know of the dude that was selling the optimized Trottle Body's and crap? will just go that route.... Think it was 2wheelin but not sure.

Hopefully he's still doing this

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah.. this has happened to me once. I only have 20000 miles on my car. I was driving around 40 mph and then gave it gas, then the car just went dead and everything shut off. I pulled over to the side and tried starting it again, theres no problem now.... but it was really strange, my car was acting weird that day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts