Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice how cool our cars sound when you first run it when it's cold? It just growls like there's an aftermarket intake. Once it starts to warm up, though, it quiets down. Is there a way to make it stay like this without buying an aftermarket intake? I'd love to get a CPE, but too much right now. I won't buy anyothers because of the issues I have heard with fuel:air ratios.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Sam

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about the same miles on mine too.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Lower-temp thermostat, fan controller with a thermostat, a water pump with a metal impeller and the AWR huge radiator. That will keep the car "cool" and sounding "cool".

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I think it is more the intake somehow. Don't we have a variable intake that changes the airflow when it starts to warm up?

FordMan, I see you have a gutted air box. What does that do?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
No, I think it is more the intake somehow. Don't we have a variable intake that changes the airflow when it starts to warm up?
[/b]
The throttle body is probably just open more to keep the idle higher until it warms up.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

FordMan, I see you have a gutted air box. What does that do?
[/b]
Gives it more of a growl at all times. There is nothing variable in the 3.0L's intake system except for the VAD flap on the air box.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Air box mod, take your resonator and tuba out. I am not sure what the air box mod requires but, i have a cold air and i couldnt belive the sound difference. I really like the sound with a cold engine with the cold air intake in the morning. oohhh yea...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do the airbox mod... not quite an aftermarket intake soud, but it growls nicely.
[/b]
What the hell are you trying to say "soud" - ha tit for tat - just kidden' - merry xmas

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found the link to the air box mod website. I'll be trying this very soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
slenser
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing