1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.3L I-4 with 5 sp automatic 2008
What is the idle rpm?
What is the idle at a cold start?
I had somebody do a 3 step injector cleaning. Now the car screams at 2G on a cold start, it does go down after a minute to 1200 rpm. The weather temp is at 60 degrees. The big concern is the car seems to drive by itself. I let go of the gas pedal around 40 mph, 5th gear and the car maintains the same rpm and will eventually drop rpms after about a quarter mile.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
your cold start sounds fine, should jump up to around 2k and slowly drop down. if you hit the gas it will typically drop sooner though.

did they reset the battery when doing any work by chance? sounds a bit (though not completely) like a reset and the car is taking some time to relearn things which is why it hasn't done it in a while.

i know my car did that from time to time, i just can't remember why or if there was a solution i used, or if it just fixed itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I reset my computer?

Well for the heck of it I disconnected the negative battery cable. It seems to run better. My rpms this morning for the cold start was 1800 rpms. I think I reset my computer?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
it's what i'd expect, just see what happens at this point and hope the problem is solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts