Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 has been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months. I took it out the a couple times the last couple weeks for a really short putt and it barley runs!! I tryed letting it warm up for 20 minutes, but to no avail.

It idles a little rough but not too bad, as soon as I put it in gear it studders and stumbles. Give it a bunch of gas and nothing but spitting and puking!

I am thinking the gas is bad, or injectors are gummed???

I have a AEM intake, but that was on 2 months before it sat and I had no issues. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
When a car is left for an extended period of time without being turned on and cycled, moisture builds up in all the fluids in the vehicle.

The oil, the fuel, the power steering, the brake fluid, the transmission fluid...

It's generally recommended if you aren't running synthetic, and you let the car sit for an extended period of time (like 6 months), you should change the oil prior to running it again.

As such your fuel is probably chocked full of moisture, which will continue to give poor performance until its drained and replaced..or until you empty out the tank.

·
Registered
682 Posts
^^^Agreed - sounds like classic water-in-the-gas.

I had to store mine for some time last winter. Have a good look at your brake rotors.

My rear-rotors were heavily rusted, and since they don't make as much heat as the front rotors, I could never get them properly cleaned off with normal driving. The rear rotors and pads are now pretty much toast at 52,000 miles :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I will empty the tank and change fluids. Hopefully this is cure it. The car only has like 23k

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I would have never guessed the problem would be related to bad spark plug wires!!

My neighbor sprayed the wires with water and it was sparking!! Replaced the wires and BAM she runs like a champ again

Thanks for the ideas fellas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Noled83
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing