Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried changing the batteries on the remote a couple times on both sets of my car remotes and it still didnt work. I was probably thinking it stopped working after i changed the car battery or changed the stock deck to an aftermarket deck? Could the settings be resetted? I dont think it is broken or anything i havent done anything to it but changed the batteries. Maybe it needs to be programmed? And if it does need to be programmed does anyone know how to program it? I found something online but it said it can only be programmed with the stock deck otherwise i would have to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.
Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.
Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.
Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.
Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).
Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.
Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.
Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.
Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

·
Registered
594 Posts
woah, woah, slow down. Maybe, but first open your glovebox and look in the top left for a button saying something akin to valet mode, it should just be a button you can push, I think it should not be depressed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (ydrone @ Sep 23 2008, 07:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1443275
Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.
Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.
Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.
Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.
Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).
Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.
Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.
Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.
Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done![/b]
im able to get to step 6 but when i am on step 7 i try press on the remote and the ECU didnt respond. I changed the batteries. I also got an aftermarket deck. I dont remember where i saw it but it said if i have an aftermarket deck these steps wouldnt work? i would have to take it to the dealership? is that true?

·
Registered
184 Posts
woah, woah, slow down. Maybe, but first open your glovebox and look in the top left for a button saying something akin to valet mode, it should just be a button you can push, I think it should not be depressed.

^^^ What he said... had the same problem once, felt retarded when i asked the dealer about it... valet button FTL!^^^

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (robbiec_rc @ Sep 27 2008, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1446497

^^^ What he said... had the same problem once, felt retarded when i asked the dealer about it... valet button FTL!^^^[/b]
I opened up my glovebox and the only button i saw was the button for the Trunk, On and Off button (it was a button that enabled the remote to open and close the trunk). Were you able to program your remote?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (NYRSlinger @ Sep 23 2008, 07:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1443282
woah, woah, slow down. Maybe, but first open your glovebox and look in the top left for a button saying something akin to valet mode, it should just be a button you can push, I think it should not be depressed.[/b]
The only button i see is the button regarding my remote button for the Trunk. It says On and Off and its for the remote enabling me to open the trunk without a key. Were you able to program your remote using an aftermarket deck?

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have tried the Ignition on /off and open/ close door option and still the car is not locking with remote. Try this. Unlock the car with remote key and keep the lock button on your remote pressed until your car locks automatically. Lock on my remote started working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts