Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, has America a Car of the Year award as well? If so: what was the top 10?

This was the top 10 in Japan

1. Honda Accord
2. Nissan 350Z
3. Mazda Atenza (6)
4. Mini
5. Mercedes E-klasse
6. VW Polo
7. Daihatsu Copen
8. Toyota Caldina
9. Opel Vectra
10. Range Rover

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Car of the Year in America'

Car & Driver magazine has a 10 best list. These are the cars. (not in any order)

Mazda6
Chevrolet Corvette
Ford Focus
Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza WRX
Porsche Boxster
Honda Accord
Acura RSX
BMW 3 Series
Infiniti G35

·
Registered
137 Posts

Man they just won't drop the damn Focus but yet they dropped the Audi A4

·
Registered
8 Posts

I read some where that three finalists were chosen for the North American Car of the Year award. They were the 350z, G35, and Mini Cooper. Wow im shocked and suprised (sarcasm).

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I can't see that any car other then the Cooper deserves it. All cars are really just a normal evolutional step. If the cars wheren't as good as they where, then what's the point of making them? The one thing I see in the Cooper is that it's a recreation with some pride in it. It looks just as cool as the old one. The "new" Beetle looks like a Disney creaton in soft plastic for reference, but the Mini still has itäs dignity left.

Now everyone here thinks "M6" (me to really). But what's so speciall really? It's a mix of Ford Mondeo and Alfa 156. We love it yes. But in the car world it's just another car. It had to be sporty to survive todays market. Being solid and rigid doens't make customers today.

Car of the year is so overastated. How do you compare a Mini to a 6? The "segmentised" competions might work, like sports car of the year or the swedish family car of the year. There you can see which manufacturer who has improved the most since the last time.

But in Car of the year, why not make Ferrari Enzo the car of the year? Caus' this it's the TRUE best car of the year! Or maybe Audi RS6...

My point: Awarding cars with these awards is like forcing someone to do something and then award them for it. If they don't make new cars every year the will go away. They are just fighting to survive! There is nothing revolutionary about any of the new cars, as they all take the same steps (this year sportyness) to attract customers.

Man I'm, tired but I hope you get my point... Keep awarding but don't get carried away... The awards don't meen that much anyway. In Sweden Citroen C3 is a better car then both M6, M5 and AMG CL55 :D According to Car of the year at least :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird
It's a mix of Ford Mondeo and Alfa 156.[/b]
Are you drunk, or do you just have a wish for getting bashed?:sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Okay, now you're two teaming up in the corner for being bashed...just wonder who's gonna bash you first?:sarc

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

:D More precise, It has the driving caracterstics of a Mondeo (I'v heard) and the design of an Alfa. Nothing bad with that. OK there is a lot of Audi in the design as well. Baybe it's even sportier then the Mondeo.. not sure. But It brings the best from many of todays mid-size cars into one package, and I se no reason to hide the fact that many aspects o the car is inspired by other cars, with the difference that Mazda refined them even more...

It's no bashing - I love the car and it's still my dream car if I would have the money or a license to buy/drive an own car, but we all must realize that the 6 insn't the "holy grail of automobiles". It's just anonther familymobile who happen to be good looking, sporty and fit the needs of some people just perfectly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts