Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so on sunday it was REALLY hot outside and this is the 1st time this has happend to me since i got the car (bought it used 2004 I4 5spd) anyway i turned over the key, pushed the clutch in and it wouldnt turn over, the battery is fine and i kept trying it and trying it, maybe 5 mins i pop open the hood to look around didnt touch anything really and the car started, it was pure coincidence that it starts when i popped open the hood, so i didnt think much of it, and today is antoher boiling day outside, im not sure if the heat is playing a factor or not, but its doing the same thing.....

the fuel pump is turning on, all the guages are turning on but when i go to try and start it, nothing! it makes that click sound from inside but it wont turn the engine over!!! im not sure i was thinking it was the clutch switch, but i was pushing it down and checking it with my hand and im pretty sure its fine unless its an internal switch problem? maybe a fuse? i have no idea! please help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like the same problem I had recently. But I was pretty sure it had something to do with the battery or possibly the alternator or starter. Turns out one of the battery connector clamps was corroded through and loosened up so it didn't have a tight clamp on the battery terminal and wouldn't be able to get that initial charge to start the car. I actually got a new battery though too since when I had it tested it showed really weak. Not sure if all the jumping we had to do to the car drained the battery or not but i think it was best we just got a new battery and new connector clamps and problem solved! However now just the past week the car has been running loud. Not sure what that is about though. Just came here to post that question. Good luck, but my advise is to start with the battery and check the clamps and cables. The clamps are only like $4 at walmart and the cables are like $10.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts