Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Car MP3'

Way cool!

It should be possible to add a small touchscreen to the 6's nav compartment without the need to remodel the dash. You could have it all - mp3 player, DVD movie, Satnav with added GPS etc. Just one question - is it safe to have a MS software running on your car?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard

Way cool!  

It should be possible to add a small touchscreen to the 6's nav compartment without the need to remodel the dash. You could have it all - mp3 player, DVD movie, Satnav with added GPS etc. Just one question - is it safe to have a MS software running on your car?[/b]
No, it's not safe. It crashes all the time...:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Okay. Let's face it...the guy who did that found a new way to destroy his car...look at the pics, he isn't very careful. He didn't even cover the dash when he moulded the Plastic Padding and polished it...<g>

I would like to see the guy who would do this to his brand new Mazda6.

No, come to think of it, I wouldn't...:rant:

·
Registered
246 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Okay. Let's face it...the guy who did that found a new way to destroy his car...look at the pics, he isn't very careful. He didn't even cover the dash when he moulded the Plastic Padding and polished it...<g>

No, come to think of it, I wouldn't...:rant:[/b]
Well, this picture doesn't look that bad, does it? I would be kinda cool to have it in your 6 @ the place of the navigationsys...

Coen

·
Registered
246 Posts

No, come to think of it, I wouldn't...:rant:[/b]
Well, this picture doesn't look that bad, does it? I would be kinda cool to have it in your 6 @ the place of the navigationsys...

Coen

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Well...to begin with: it's twice the size of the navsys compartment. And it also (as you can see from the other pics on that site) includes som major bodywork on the console to get it in there...

Not sure I would want to do that in my brand new 6...I have a portable DVD with TFT screen, and also a hand-pc which can be connected to a GPS to get a navsys... if I need it. And it also plays MP3-files...I just have to figure out how to plug that into the car's audio system...

Steve

·
Registered
211 Posts

The 6 has an optional lcd screen right...it pops out of the dash?...why would you spend money to put in a touchscreen lcd system for like 2 gs and go through the hassle of putting it in...when you can jus get a 6 with the lcd pop-screen thing...what is that called again?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Genius

This LCD option...

http://car.nifty.com/newcar/report/atenza0...0610/ph04-c.jpg

um...how do i make the picture appear on the site...instead of having a link?[/b]
Use the "img" option when you do the post or manually put your link between [immg] and [/immg] markers. (Remove one of the "m":s though, I had to write that way, otherwise the forum system would interpret those markers also...

Yeah, that was one of the early pics, with the two-colored steering wheel and tiptronic...

·
Registered
246 Posts

Well...to begin with: it's twice the size of the navsys compartment. And it also (as you can see from the other pics on that site) includes som major bodywork on the console to get it in there...

Not sure I would want to do that in my brand new 6...I have a portable DVD with TFT screen, and also a hand-pc which can be connected to a GPS to get a navsys... if I need it. And it also plays MP3-files...I just have to figure out how to plug that into the car's audio system...

Steve[/b]
Ok, it is kinda big, but then again; is it possible to order a 6 with a MP3-cd player inside? Or do you have to install this lateron (which will be quite impossible with this alu-console..)? And this MD-deck you can get in the 6; does it has MDLP (long play)? Because that also means a looooooot of music on 1 MD (max. 320 min) :)

Coen

·
Registered
87 Posts

Since the US will not be getting the DVD, is it possible to put a pop up touch screen in the overhead bin to play MP3s? Is there room enough?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MAZDAMAN

Since the US will not be getting the DVD, is it possible to put a pop up touch screen in the overhead bin to play MP3s?  Is there room enough?[/b]
Not without making some work...but there is room below the bottom om the bin - the NAV system normally takes that space, so it should be empty.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by OppenheimeR

And this MD-deck you can get in the 6; does it has MDLP (long play)? Because that also means a looooooot of music on 1 MD (max. 320 min) :)  

Coen[/b]
Just checked the owner's manual. Yes, the MD player comes with MDLP feature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts