Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mazda 6 automatic from 2008 (2nd gen.), and I've had the following problem since I bought the car 3 years ago:

Both of my car keys (flip type) drains their batteries in approximately a week. I've replaced the batteries several times and cleaned the keys, inspected both sides of the circuit board etc. The keys are stored inside our house, 5-10 meters from the car. They are not stored together with mobile phones or other electronics.

·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 automatic from 2008 (2nd gen.), and I've had the following problem since I bought the car 3 years ago:

Both of my car keys (flip type) drains their batteries in approximately a week. I've replaced the batteries several times and cleaned the keys, inspected both sides of the circuit board etc. The keys are stored inside our house, 5-10 meters from the car. They are not stored together with mobile phones or other electronics.

Wow. I got nothing... Its not the advanced keyless entry, so nothing would actively drain it just as background RF would. The fact that its happening on both is most puzzling, especially since its clear you have the aptitude to inspect the remotes and see there is not a fault somewhere. Have you tried different battery manufactures?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, I've tried some differend battery manufacturers. Same result.

I changed battery yesterday. Then it worked fine and the led on the key lighted when buttons were pressed. Today, the led does not light anymore and the remote unlock/lock function works sometimes and sometimes not. The battery voltage has dropped from 3.2VDC to 3.1VDC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are two images of the circuit board in one of the kyes. For you guys with electronics knowledge, please let me know if you see something suspicious!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had exactly the same issue since the original batteries went, so have been forced to use the manual key to open and lock the car, it creates a huge problem when it’s icy weather. Mine is a 59 plate manual 1.8 Mazda 6. Does anyone know what causes the problem and how it can be fixed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts