Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!) So I am totally new to mazda world) Been driving my chevy malibu for a while now, but bought my wife a used mazda 6 2008 2.3i with atx. Everything seems great, but the strange big time jerking if I put it in reverse and press gas right away. It feels like a loud clunk and the car just jerks on the spot. There is no problems if I switch it in R, then let the brake pedal go and slowly press gas slowly. When I say press gas right away, I don't mean breaking transmission, I know how to drive and never had problems with my malibu..
I hope I explained the issue pretty well. Thanks)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an older Mazda 6, Its just the skyactive gear box, be patient when taking off, when i put my M6 in performace mode (AUS) and im in 1st gear and i hit 6K revs, the gearbox makes a clunk sound, its just how u drive the car, i guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The description certainly doesn't sound normal. Have you checked the transmission fluid level?
Just went out and checked the level. It's about 60 degrees out and cold engine, the level is 1/2 inch above the second mark, the color is not dirty..

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Just went out and checked the level. It's about 60 degrees out and cold engine, the level is 1/2 inch above the second mark, the color is not dirty..
If the procedure isn't in your owner's manual, consult the Haynes/Chilton manual to be sure, but in many vehicles the engine should be running and in park to check the transmission fluid. Some also indicate that the engine should be warm. IIRC in my Jeep Cherokee, there was some engine running + park -> neutral -> park -> drive -> neutral -> park steps needed before measuring to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to try that after work.. I also read a lot about engine and transmission mounts being weak on these mazdas, could it be the reason in my case?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update, just realized that transmission makes a whining noise when put in gear. (D, R) or in between gears while switching. Noise increases a bit with accelerating. After reading forums, I guess first thing to do is to change trans oil and filter. Please advice for best synthetic option and a good filter. Mine is 2.4 non turbo 5sp. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please advice on how many qts of fluid to get and if an ATP filter will be good enough? Can't find acdelco

·
Registered
28 Posts
my car does this. It also bounces off of the 1500rpm point while moving if I pop it in neutral. the car pulls VERY hard when cold with no throttle input. I can pop it in gear and the car will accelerate to like 15mph or so, it's nuts! Only when it's very cold out too...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi why would my engine seem as though its going to jump out of my car when I put it in reverse. I replaced engine mounts in January.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The description certainly doesn't sound normal. Have you checked the transmission fluid level?
My mazda makes a clunk only in reverse its a sports auto and I replace engine mounts 3 weeks ago. Engine light and at went off until this morning and its back to clunking in reverse what can it be

·
Registered
3 Posts
My mazda makes a clunk only in reverse its a sports auto and I replace engine mounts 3 weeks ago. Engine light and at went off until this morning and its back to clunking in reverse what can it be
Yes I have checked transmission oil I had to top it up just last week. It's still full

1 - 13 of 13 Posts