Mazda 6 Forums banner

Car hasn’t even done 100,000 miles and facing a £2000 repair bill

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Archerfish 
#1 ·
This is my secon Mazda 6 diesel estate. It’s done about 90k and am now being quoted £2,000 to strip the engine down due to carbon buildup, and the car can’t be driven until this is done%. I’ve had the car since brand new and have had the oil filter cleaned every 6,000 miles as instructed. the Mazda garage said they had 2 other Mazda 6’s in awaiting the same repair. Anybody else had this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it and how much did it cost?

#2 ·
We dont have diesels in America where most of us are and this site is based. Maybe some of the Canucks can chime in? Can you elaborate on 'carbon build up'?

#4 · (Edited)
The CX-5 and Mazda 6 have the same engine. Diesel is prevalent on this side of the world. However, this is my first Mazda and I'm only at 51 xxx kilometers.

Sorry but I can't offer any help.

EDIT: I remember reading somewhere that the issue about DPF is when you frequently do city driving. It might also be a cause for your issue if you do the same.

You might want to read this as these guys have the diesel variant just like us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.