Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyway.. i was in a store last night.. came outside and theres a foot long key mark on my front left fender.. down to the metal for about 6 inches.. i doubt compound will get it out.. so my ? is if insurance will cover it..and i just pay the deductable?? i have full coverage with new jersey manufacturer .. i really dont want tpo pay for a whole new fender for no reason.. but theres no way that scratch is staying there

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,565 Posts
anyway.. i was in a store last night.. came outside and theres a foot long key mark on my front left fender.. down to the metal for about 6 inches.. i doubt compound will get it out.. so my ? is if insurance will cover it..and i just pay the deductable?? i have full coverage with new jersey manufacturer .. i really dont want tpo pay for a whole new fender for no reason.. but theres no way that scratch is staying there
[/b]
Something like this should be covered under comprehensive (vandalism). Check your insurance policy and figure just how much your deductible is. Then figure if it's worth filing the claim to the insurance company.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
it sounds like it cant be buffed out. but you wont have to pay for an all new fender, just the paint job which wont be that expenseive since it is only the fender.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked with my insurance .. theyll cover it but its a $500 deductable.. i got a quote from at shop for 300.. since the scratch is so deep they have to fill it send it prep it for paint then repaint it.. so ill just go that route.. i hate jealous people.. thanks for the info

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not even worth it to go with insurance if your deductable is 500. It'll cost no more then 400 dollars from the most expensive shop to fix it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just do what I'm doing. I got keyed from the front door to the rear quarter, rear bumper got f*cked, and it has a crack, Passenger side door has 2 key marks, door was kicked open and the edge is now bent back. I'm going to see how much more my car can get hurt until the spring when I bring her in for a full body repaint. I know it hurts to see a scratch, and it's such an eyesore, but sometimes it's just not worth to fix it just to have someone fuck your car up again. When I asked my insurance company, they said the damage was 1200, well I forgot to mention they keyed my window too. My deductable was 1000, and I can get my whole car repainted jams and all that junk for roughly 1500, I supply the paint.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts