Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Ya, I was just careful not to spray it directly at full pressure, but even that likely wouldnt break it. I just did it a couple of times at half pressure than drained.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cool, thanks again dudes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be careful when removing it from the intake assembly too, those things aren't cheap to replace

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, the IAT sensor is the little amber colored (when it's clean anyway) "blob" that is actually in the air stream. The actual MAF sensor is up inside and will be a wire. It is 2 sensors in 1 though as was mentioned.

I used a q-tip on the IAT sensor to get it to that amber color but don't on the more sensitive MAF wire ... just spray and let it dry.

Let us know if that works or not.

·
Registered
813 Posts
+1 on cleaning the sensor, I had the same problem with a previous car and this solved it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (LBV @ Apr 14 2009, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1547617
Well, the IAT sensor is the little amber colored (when it's clean anyway) "blob" that is actually in the air stream. The actual MAF sensor is up inside and will be a wire. It is 2 sensors in 1 though as was mentioned.

I used a q-tip on the IAT sensor to get it to that amber color but don't on the more sensitive MAF wire ... just spray and let it dry.

Let us know if that works or not.[/b]

hey, I got the same problem where my "M6 2004" automatically dies off when i have my car in neutral....
i bought the car about 1month now, i had it checked using a "computerised troubleshooting device" and there was no problems showing up... the technician told me my car was fine, but still this day i still have the same problem...

im going to you guys and check the sensor stuff ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So today I was getting off the freeway, took the car out of gear as I'm making the big turn on the offramp, when all of a sudden the engine dies, with it the power steering and brakes. So I wrestle the steering wheel to the right as I restart the car, with no problem. But that was pretty scary and ridiculous. This has happened a couple times, the first time I thought it was a weak spark from my stock plugs and my AP flash, but this time I was running the stock map. I'm thinking this might be the sign of a bad alternator or something.
Have any of you guys ever experienced this? I guess the moral of the story is to always keep the car in gear while moving... :)
I have a Mazda 3 with the same issues. Just changed the battery. Gonna try this next weekend. Tbd

21 - 29 of 29 Posts