Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,

I one of those guys that loves waxing a car and actually put a car sealant (nxt) and 2 layers of carnauba to make sure it is somewhat protected for winter.

Just wondering if anyone started doing their winterized waxing for the car to prepare for the salt.

Its been cold so I never had the chance to apply it this weekend. Does anyone have an underground condo that I can drop by and wash my car off if its okay :)

cheers,

Francis

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yep, I'd like to know as well. Maybe a car detailing meet before the winter?

Also, I'm interested to know what kind of wax do you guys use for winter protectant. Personally, I'm using blackmagic liquid wax but I know it's not enough.
Last year, I parked my car in the garage, but no garage for me this year. :( So I need to do more work on the body...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
there are lots of brands that are not on the crapppy tire shelves...... so go to eshine.ca or autopia.org if you wanna know more.... if u do it properly, i m sure that the sealant would last the whole winter.... good luck man... i dont care abt my paints anymore... I M DONE WITH MY WARRANTY!!! ahahha.... yeah... if i m getting a kit, i'll re paint my car with better paint and clears...

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
there are lots of brands that are not on the crapppy tire shelves...... so go to eshine.ca or autopia.org if you wanna know more.... if u do it properly, i m sure that the sealant would last the whole winter.... good luck man... i dont care abt my paints anymore... I M DONE WITH MY WARRANTY!!! ahahha.... yeah... if i m getting a kit, i'll re paint my car with better paint and clears...
[/b]
LOL...interesting, but what kind of kit btw?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hehe.... thinkin of a lip in front and other skirts and rears..... havent really decided yet..... but a repaint is a must when i got my kit...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
As a heads up....if we (myself included) plan to seal up for the winter, also get your car sprayed at Krown.

Work (start this prject soon) quickly as its becoming too cold to do a wax and sealent job properly.

I'm storing my car for winter, and if anyone else is...here's my advice...take it or leave it :)
  1. FULL tank of gas....not just to the click....but FULL
  2. Tires inflated to MAX pressure as read by the sidewall, not the sticker value....sticker PSI at spring when the car comes back to show her pretty face
  3. Disconnect Negative battery terminal
  4. moth balls and steel wool in exhaust
  5. moth balls spread around the engine bay to keep them critters out. Vegetable oil is used in the production of the wires which is why rodents like to chew on them....moth balls is a smell they detest, and consequently won't come near the car.
  6. Silicone grease on all the door seals...it keeps them soft and mallaeble. New seals are outrageously expensive so why not make them last
  7. Invest in a good baby blanket.....no use protecting her if you're only going to neglect her
  8. And under NO circumstances put the car up on jack stands...you end up torquing the bushings over the entire winter because the suspension hangs loose. Who wants to replace bushings every spring...not me thats for sure

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
work with us people...make a new thread for body kits....

as fars as I know they are supposed to use the pre-existing holes that are already there.

as far as the dripping oil....it's not bad but keep it on the road for a day or two :) just to be safe

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
my ride is good to go for the winter... i just washed the vehicle thoroughly yesterday, then used a cleaner wax on her... then after making sure she was perfect, i put on two layers of carnuba wax and she is glowing like the day she rolled off the dealer lot.... damn she is a fine piece of car! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Also Rust Check is another company accredited by the Autobody Association of Canada

Krown was the original body protectors

Rust Check is a spin off.....

BOTH recommended as I have sealt with both.

As far as my memory can recall...these are also the ONLY 2 accredited by the AAC.....so if you want it done right look for the AAC designation

·
Registered
532 Posts
My recomendation is S-205 Finish Protector. It is a protective coating that last 6 months. Made for dealerships and car auctioneers who need to transport cars or park cars in the open for weeks. Apply w/spray gun.
Included the page from our catalog or goto PROWAX

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Maybe it's my unwillignness to change from my ways...but the thought of acryllic sealents always makes me shudder.....I'm not sure why tho....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts