Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Car and Driver Review---POSITIVE!'

Nice review.

I figured that the V6 would be a half-second slower than the Altima SE, but would handle better.

I can't wait until they do a comparison test ;)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Nice review. Are they overexaggering how hard the ride is? Granted, sporty is sporty, but they didn't seem overly pleased. Perhaps they are just Accord / Camry caliber.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

The 6 is stiff. Perhaps a bit stiffer than many people want of a family mobile (anyway, WAY softer than the -99 626 I just got rid of...).

To me this is not a problem, in fact it is something I would expect of a sporty car. Don't worry - you can drive your family in it without them experience it as a rough ride!:D

·
Registered
167 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, I absolutely LOVED the feel of the suspension. To me it's a good compromise of sportiness and comfort.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Those old fuddy duddies at C&D always have to complain about something.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I'm glad we finally got some acceleration number for the V6, if they say the car does a 0-60 in 6.8, then street starts should be about 7.3 seconds, not bad. Sounds like a great platform for tuning, I hope someone gets a cold air intake out for the car soon. You can tell C&D was expecting a toyota like family sedan, the whole article while positive seemed like the were confused about what car the were driving....given the price, its great you can have a car that is 95%+ the ride of BMW without the price.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Never mind. You're not expected to browse every single thread before you post. Found anything interesting? Post it! If we've seen it before, we can live with that! :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

Never mind. You're not expected to browse every single thread before you post. Found anything interesting? Post it! If we've seen it before, we can live with that! :)[/b]
There's never too much of a good thing :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Plus if you live by Steve way of posting, you becoming a post whore like himself. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts