Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my factory alarm keeps going off randomly and the dealer wont cover it under warranty because my car has been in a wreck before and they can see the body damage inside. but yeah i figure i might go aftermarket n get better range with a remote start.

anyone have suggestions? i hear compustar has good reviews because they are actually built here in the US by their company unlike Viper and Clifford that do not build their own units.

what do yall have now that runs aftermarket? also anyone know about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUXURIOUS-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda reminds me of the flipkey they have on the 06...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey guys, my factory alarm keeps going off randomly and the dealer wont cover it under warranty because my car has been in a wreck before and they can see the body damage inside. but yeah i figure i might go aftermarket n get better range with a remote start.

anyone have suggestions? i hear compustar has good reviews because they are actually built here in the US by their company unlike Viper and Clifford that do not build their own units.

what do yall have now that runs aftermarket? also anyone know about this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LUXURIOUS-F...1QQcmdZViewItem

kinda reminds me of the flipkey they have on the 06...
[/b]
Looks cool, but I don't know if you'll be able to use those keys. If you are, you'll haveta have an immobilizer bypass installed since those keys don't have chips in them.

I have the CompuStar 2WSS-AS and highly recommend it. Similar features to the Viper 791xv, but much greater range.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn that unit is nice. How much did you pay and also how much for install?
[/b]
I think it was less than $300 for the unit, an immobilizer bypass, and a universal door unlock module. I installed myself, but I recommend against that. If I had it to do again, I would definitely take it to a professional. Just takes up way too much time to be worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
BOHIC
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing