Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
What brand/model of alarm system is on your Mazda M6?
[/b]
Factory alarm??? or Aftermarket???

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oh! Compustar 2W8000AS two way!

·
Registered
328 Posts
clifford matrix rsx 3.5 (without remote start right now) its the exact same thing as the viper 791xv

·
Registered
76 Posts
What brand/model of alarm system is on your Mazda M6?
[/b]
autopage 860, with some extra goodies ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
im getting the viper 791 installed tomrow with the remote start module, i no it does all kinds of coolt hings such as windows go down, what do u have urs do, for those who have it have any complaints or compliments thanx

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
im getting the viper 791 installed tomrow with the remote start module, i no it does all kinds of coolt hings such as windows go down, what do u have urs do, for those who have it have any complaints or compliments thanx
[/b]
I have it so I can controll my windows up and down.

how much does that Viper cost? i've noticed a lot of people have that alarm....is it THAT good?
[/b]
It all depends on where you go. Anywhere from $400 - $800 installed. Just shop around for teh cheapest place to do it before you make a deciison. Mine was just shy of $500 for the system, Install, Bypass module, accuators or whatever it's called for the windows.

But I am also a regular with the shop and have known the owners since I was a kid.

Normally I think they charge around $650 even for the system,basic install with trunk release and autostart option. and $50 for the Bypass Module for your key chip

·
Registered
347 Posts
do i have to tell the installer i want that feature or is going to work automatically, are there anyfeatures that i have to point out and say iw ant this done

im reading posts from other threads int his forum and im seeing htat people ahve to buy extra things for the windows to go up and down, ist his true. Also are there any other features that cant work without the purchase of addons thanx. if it helps i have the bypass module if that counts towards anything

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
do i have to tell the installer i want that feature or is going to work automatically, are there anyfeatures that i have to point out and say iw ant this done

im reading posts from other threads int his forum and im seeing htat people ahve to buy extra things for the windows to go up and down, ist his true. Also are there any other features that cant work without the purchase of addons thanx. if it helps i have the bypass module if that counts towards anything
[/b]
Your basic install of the viper 791 on the mazda six will give you the trunk releasr for free. Since all they have to do is hook a wire up. If you didn't already have an auto popping trunk it'd cost extra.

Anything you want extra that doesn't come with the kit factory you will have to pay for the parts and installation yourself. Such as Auto window's and so forth.

You will get the alarm with the basic sensors. the latch for the hood so that it can't be started with the hood opened via remote, Autostart (if it's an auto.) BUT you will need pay for the BYpass module which runs about $50. since our cars have a computer chip in the key. Plus you will need a spare key you don't want anymore. So you will have to buy the spare key if you don't have 2 already.

Basically. You will pay for this.

Viper 791 unit alarm/autostart
Bypass Module
New key from dealer if you don't have a second spare key*
Installation/work

Extras, Which you can find on DEI's website would be stuff like

Extra sensors
microphone to better detect anything hitting the windows
battery operated horn incase the battery on the car is killed, the alarm will still sound
Auto windows.

ect ect. Those will all cost you extra. Unless the dealer you go to is having a special. or hooks you up nicely. Some are nice and might do that too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh! Compustar 2W8000AS two way!
[/b]
oh yes. i love this one. i have this on my 6 also.
i got it for about 400 bucks, with all the bells and whistles. ( i have a buddy that works for my local car audio shop)

·
Registered
76 Posts
how much does that Viper cost? i've noticed a lot of people have that alarm....is it THAT good?
[/b]
its not necessarily because its THAT GOOD, how about it's more widely used. Understand? It is a good alarm, but there are other options out there just as good if not better.

since our cars have a computer chip in the key. Plus you will need a spare key you don't want anymore. So you will have to buy the spare key if you don't have 2 already.[/b]
there are modules available where you will not lose your key. Try fitting an 06' keys in the module, it doesnt work very well.

oh yes. i love this one. i have this on my 6 also.
i got it for about 400 bucks, with all the bells and whistles. ( i have a buddy that works for my local car audio shop)
[/b]
and this is another alarm that is damn good. Try finding an installer that will install it properly, and you should have years and years of troublefree use. The installation is basically just as important as the alarm.

·
Registered
347 Posts
i got it installed it seems like everything was done rihgt, now is there a way i can make sure that eavht hing is working with my remote sunch as the trunkis connected correctly and ill see it and eveerything without me having to do dmage to the trunk. Also the remote start makes my parking lights flash on and off i know its normal but is there a way i can make it so they are permantly on or permantly off thanx

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Try fitting an 06' keys in the module, it doesnt work very well.
[/b]
They didn't put any key in to it. They just put the chip from the key in to the bypass module directly. For my install anyways. They even offered me the metal key part of it back but I said I didn't need it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i got it installed it seems like everything was done rihgt, now is there a way i can make sure that eavht hing is working with my remote sunch as the trunkis connected correctly and ill see it and eveerything without me having to do dmage to the trunk. Also the remote start makes my parking lights flash on and off i know its normal but is there a way i can make it so they are permantly on or permantly off thanx
[/b]
go into your programming, and program that feature for constant parking lights

They didn't put any key in to it. They just put the chip from the key in to the bypass module directly. For my install anyways. They even offered me the metal key part of it back but I said I didn't need it.
[/b]
like i said, try that with an 06. it wont fit. Anyway, the point i was trying to make, is that you can buy a module that doesnt require taking your key apart or leaving a key in a module under the dash.

·
Registered
347 Posts
thanx for being helpful, i just have a minor questinos also, it seems like that blue light flickers about every second is it the same on your and also could that wear out my battery after enough time?

·
Registered
703 Posts
thanx for being helpful, i just have a minor questinos also, it seems like that blue light flickers about every second is it the same on your and also could that wear out my battery after enough time?
[/b]
that would be the status LED. It lets you know when the system is armed, intrution detection, valet mode, and aids in programming.

And no, the LED draws very low current and doesnt use enough juice to kill the battery-unless your cars just sits for a year or so.

like i said, try that with an 06. it wont fit. Anyway, the point i was trying to make, is that you can buy a module that doesnt require taking your key apart or leaving a key in a module under the dash.
[/b]
are you talking about the DEI module? The 555f- the small little capsule? I hate those things. Other than that, I dont know of any modules that will work without a key. The 556u is more reliable. I'd rather use those than the others.

[/b]
Always keep the key, even if its just the key itself. No matter the company, big or small, there can always be just that one shady installer.

Its's become more and more comman with the remote built into they key itself. You have to do the same things for Honda's, Chrysler's, Toyota's etc. Its not the key, but the transponder in the key.

I have it so I can controll my windows up and down.
[/b]
Yeah, you have the easy year where it already came equipped like that fromy the factory. All thats needed are some relays and labor to tap into the key cylinder window switch wire. I wish my 03 came with that feature.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts