Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. So I think I have a bad battery terminal cable, but I need to open the hood to change it. I can't because my car is battery is dead and I cant open the car door manually. So is there a way to open the hood of a 2010 Mazda 6 without using the latch inside the car by the driver seat.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

1. I can't because my car is battery is dead and I cant open the car door manually.
What do you mean that you can't open the door manually? Your door doesn't have a keyhole?

My car is the "keyless" type. I open the door by pressing the button and start/stop the car with another button.

However, I still have the key. And I can use it to lock/unlock the door manually by removing the key from the fob and insert the key through the keyhole.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, just checked the manual for that model and saw there is no key-lock on the trunk.
So, what is wrong with the door lock? Does it turn?

Something you could try is to remove the bottom plastic engine cover (if any), look in the space between the AC condenser and the front bumper. You might be able to see the hood latch cable and if so, get a long rod and try to pull on it (on the cable, not the sleeve).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The door unlocks with the remote but when I try with my key it turns just doesn't open. I was doing research and I'm assuming it something with the pins.

I do see this latch , what does the cable look like.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You didn't say if the key turns? If it doesn't then the pins need to be lubricated, use graphite from a pencil into the keyhole and then move the key in and out to lubricate the pins.

The cable looks like the ones on a bicycle, there will be a sleeve and then a small portion exposed right next to the hood latch.

·
Registered
576 Posts
You need to pull on this portion (or on any part of that lever), it should be pretty tricky to do from underneath the vehicle.

This video might help you

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts