Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mazda Dealership told me that Mazda no longer supplies the Torque Strut (rear) Engine Mount for my 2005 6i Hatchback with the 2.3L Engine and Automatic Transmission. I asked them to look up the Part Number for the mount they said fits my car and they told me PN GN3A39040A is the Part Number for the Dog Bone looking mount by it self, and PN GN3B3904XA is the Part Number for the mount, bracket, and screws, so I went on line to try to find an after-market one for my car using the Part Numbers Mazda gave me and the make, model, year of my car for a reference. I'm finding out that many people besides myself are getting replacement after-market mounts that don't fit their car. The common problem is that the wider, or "rear" portion of the mount is too wide. There's a bushing that goes through the rubber portion of the rear of the mount that is too long; it's roughly 2.5" long where as the one I removed from my car is only 2" long. To help be more specific, when I look up the OEM Part Number of GN3B3904XA on eBay or Amazon.com I wind up with after market mounts that have part numbers 9195 or 3501. In fact, when I received the mount from eBay that didn't fit that mount came in a bag with a label on it that said "3501" in typed ink. The bag the part came in had "9195" hand written in an Indelible Marker on the outside. I'm going to attach a photo of the original OEM and After-Market mounts side by side. My original mount is the one on the left that has the 2" wide bushing through the top rubber portion.
If any of you have run across this problem and found a Torque Strut Motor Mount that is 2" wide that will fit my car please reply to this and let me know. Thank you.
Household hardware Auto part Cylinder Composite material Metal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can probably sand down the metal sleeve to make it shorter so it will fit. I had to do that on a non OEM rear shock for a gen 1 Mazda 3.
I need the Torque Specifications for the Two types of bolts I need to tighten when installing the new Torque Strut Mount. There's the big bolt at the rear of the mount (shown towards the left in my photo) and then there's the two through bolts in the upper part of the mount that go into the transmission. Can someone help me with the Torque Specifications for those two type of bolts? See photo for brand new mount from Mazda back-stock (someone ordered this and never picked it up). Lucky for me it was just setting on the shelf.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need the Torque Specifications for the Two types of bolts I need to tighten when installing the new Torque Strut Mount. There's the big bolt at the rear of the mount (shown towards the left in my photo) and then there's the two through bolts in the upper part of the mount that go into the transmission. Can someone help me with the Torque Specifications for those two type of bolts? See photo for brand new mount from Mazda back-stock (someone ordered this and never picked it up). Lucky for me it was just setting on the shelf.
I did some snooping around on the web for a Mazda 6 Workmanship Manual and found a downloadable one for a 2002 Model Year Mazda 6. It had a section that showed how to remove the engine and it looks like the Torque Strut Mount for the 2002 Model Year are very much, if not identical to the one for my 2005 Mazda 6i, so I'm going to use 85 Foot Pounds. To help others looking for this information here attached is copy from that manual's Page B-31.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts