Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have another question. When I went to the dealer today the rep was saying that the Canadian M6 is coming from Japan hence we won't be able to custom order. That doesn't make a lot of sense since Michigan is a hell of lot closer to Canada. Is this guy simply BS'ing me or what? He was also saying that you can put 15" rims on the 6, 15 to 17's is a pretty big difference (I prefer smaller tires for winter driving).

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Canadian M6 where from US or Japan?'

i was told US and that would make much more sense.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Reading Topic: Canadian M6 where from US or Japan?

That dealer is full of shit. Go back and tell him he's full of shit and kick him in the nuts.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. All 6's are made in Flatrock, MI.

And you can run 15's fine. Just get the right diameter tire to even out the difference in size. This way you won't throw you speedo off.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Go here: http://www.mazda.ca/english/20899.htm#

Pick the 2004 Mazda6 and check the press releases.

An official Mazda press release states quite plainly that they'll be made in Flatrock. Duh - doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Flatrock is under an hour from the Ambassador Bridge and the Canadian border. A bit cheaper than shipping them across the Pacific.

That guy doesn't know jack about what he's telling you. I'd print the release out and show it to him.

Makes you real confident about buying a car from him, huh?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by Ruefus
That guy doesn't know jack about what he's telling you.  I'd print the release out and show it to him.  [/b]
and kick him in the nuts for being so incredibly uneducated in HIS OWN dealerships brand and cars. Stupid :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I tried to explain the flaw in that logic but he insisted. Why can't these guys admit that they don't know and just check with someone who does? Why this BS of can't custom order, it's not as if they have any on the lot they have to move (they will get their first shipment in 2 weeks). If I purchase the 6, it won't be from him. If I was selling cars I make damn sure I know as much as possible about the product, it's not as if they have a huge range.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

That dealer is full of shit. Go back and tell him he's full of shit and kick him in the nuts.  

Stupid, stupid, stupid. All 6's are made in Flatrock, MI.

And you can run 15's fine. Just get the right diameter tire to even out the difference in size. This way you won't throw you speedo off.[/b]
*NUT KICK*

Of course not all 6's are made in Flat Rock, Michigan. The others not in North America are made in Japan

:)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I'd prefer a Japan car over a US though - you'll then probably get the right suspenstion stiffnes and the clear taillights :D

But that's true.. Very illogical to order Japanese cars when you have a factory "around the corner".

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

*NUT KICK*

Of course not all 6's are made in Flat Rock, Michigan.  The others not in North America are made in Japan  

:)[/b]
Well duh. I just posted that in this forum not 2 hours ago :)

Make sure you go back after your purchase just to piss him off over not getting the sale from you.. You can custom order anything. Stick a deposit down, wait 6 - 8 weeks depending, and it'll be at your doorstep.

Dude is damn lazy and doesn't deserve your money. And make sure people you know don't go to him. You tell two people, they tell two, etc. Soon enough he won't make his numbers for a month and he's out. Nice and just. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts