Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Mazda 6 is about a week away from the dealerships (after all my calls to different dealerships in my area :p ) or according to some posts, dealerships have already gotten them...

1) Do we have the invoice price of the car listed anywhere?

2) Do you know if Ford employees get discounts on Mazda cars in Canada? expecially on Mazda 6?

3) I heard that Nortel employees used to get discount on Ford and Mazda cars. I called one of the dealerships in Ottawa and they told me that Mazda 6 is too new to give discounts to Nortel employees! If anyone of you is successfully able to get discount as a Nortel employee in Canada (ontario or QC); please post the dealer name.

4) Also, I would like to order my Mazda 6 by the end of Feb. Do you know if any of the Canadian banks with car loans match the dealership finance rates?

5) Finally.... has anyone ordered their car in Ontario or Quebec? If yes, can you give the price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reading Topic: Canadian - Invoice Prices

I can answer #2. Yes, Ford employees get discounts on Mazda cars in Canada. There are 3 plans for Mazda Canada: A, Z, and X-plans. I'm only familiar with the X-plan. All you need to do is get a PIN and you can use the X-plan. In Canada the price of cars on X-plan is invoice + 4%, and the cost of freight & PDI is also significantly lower. Like in the US, dealers can choose not to honour the X-plan on hot vehicles, but I think if you shop around you'll find a dealer that will honour it for the Mazda6.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quick question for you... Is this PIN number, the employee number (that every Ford employee already has) or do they have to apply for it (fill out some paperwork and get the number)?

·
Registered
205 Posts

I don't think the PIN is your employee number. But if you ask your HR department for the new car program, I'm sure they can explain the process and get you the PIN. For me, I'm a member of an aviation association that can get the x-plan, and to get the PIN I just go to our member's website and click on the new car purchase program.

As an aside, are you a member of the CAA? Cause they have a program with one dealer in Toronto that may be better than the X-plan (it depends on your situation, like whether or not you're also eligible for grad rebate). With the CAA program, it's invoice + $750. Go to the Canadian regional board on this forum - someone bought a Mazda6 using the CAA.

Also, if you're actually a Ford employee, you may qualify for the A or Z plans, and I believe those are better than X-plan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by jonny@Jan 21 2003, 04:45 PM
Now that Mazda 6 is about a week away from the dealerships (after all my calls to different dealerships in my area :p ) or according to some posts, dealerships have already gotten them...
1)  Do we have the invoice price of the car listed anywhere?
2)  Do you know if Ford employees get discounts on Mazda cars in Canada?  expecially on Mazda 6? 
3)  I heard that Nortel employees used to get discount on Ford and Mazda cars.  I called one of the dealerships in Ottawa and they told me that Mazda 6 is too new to give discounts to Nortel employees!  If anyone of you is successfully able to get discount as a Nortel employee in Canada (ontario or QC); please post the dealer name.
4)  Also, I would like to order my Mazda 6 by the end of Feb.  Do you know if any of the Canadian banks with car loans match the dealership finance rates? 
5)  Finally....  has anyone ordered their car in Ontario or Quebec?  If yes, can you give the price?
Thanks.
[snapback]17680[/snapback]​

We were looking at the Mazda6 back in early 2004. The sales rep at performance Mazda said that they had done a few "Nortel-Ford" deals in the past on the 6 and doing it again would be no problem. Unfortunately we wont be in a position to purchase until early 2005. But to answer your question, Performance Mazda seems willing to provide the offer you are refering to.

·
Registered
21 Posts
To answer your question to #5.

I just ordered a GT-I4 w/ GFX MXT 2 weeks ago.

I am paying $2000 + $800(grad rebate) due on signing and $418/month thereafter.

What has anyone else paid in Canada?
Does anyone know if this is a good price?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just bought a Mazda6 Sport GS-i4 with Sport/GFX package for $3,000 under the listed price $26,700. I dropped the price by $2,000 alone just by opting to not take the 0% financing.

Now I'm just waiting patietly to get my Dark Grey (Steel Gray in the US) Mazda. I had wanted the GT-i4, but my wife wouldn't let me :eek:( It would have been another $4,000 or so, plus the taxes. Oh well, I'm not that bother about a leather interior, but the moonroof would have been nice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The invoice for Mazda 6 Sport GT-V6 5MT is $29529 + $695GFX (All GT's come with it) = $30224. Add $86 for 'metallic paint' if you order anything but white (and black I think).

The MSRP has $2,790 or 8.4% of markup. Similar markup % should apply on other models although I am not sure.

I was able to lease one at $790 over invoice, or $10 under invoice when combined with the grad rebate. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by number17@Aug 25 2004, 11:37 AM
The invoice for Mazda 6 Sport GT-V6 5MT is $29529 + $695GFX (All GT's come with it) = $30224. Add $86 for 'metallic paint' if you order anything but white (and black I think).

The MSRP has $2,790 or 8.4% of markup. Similar markup % should apply on other models although I am not sure.

I was able to lease one at $790 over invoice, or $10 under invoice when combined with the grad rebate. :)
[snapback]295846[/snapback]​
If you don't mind me asking what did that translate into with lease payments? What was due on signing?

·
Registered
33 Posts
To calculate the lease payment it's a little complicated.

Mazda Canada offers a MSD (Multi-purpose Security Deposit) program where although to lease the car requires $0 safety deposit, if you put down safety deposit anyways you can lower the lease rate.

And by puting down 10 monthly payments as safety deposit, you can lower the lease rate from the advertised 3.25% to 0.75%.

Under that rate, with the reduction the monthly payment works out to be $240 a month.

But that's with feight + PDI + admin fees + safety deposit which add up to $4300, and I did trade in my car, which they estimated to be worth $6.5k.

At the end of the 48 months lease, I get the safety deposit back, which is $2500.

I asked around and this is definitely a good price. But the actual monthly payment varies if you change any of the above factors.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by number17@Aug 25 2004, 05:04 PM
To calculate the lease payment it's a little complicated.

Mazda Canada offers a MSD (Multi-purpose Security Deposit) program where although to lease the car requires $0 safety deposit, if you put down safety deposit anyways you can lower the lease rate.

And by puting down 10 monthly payments as safety deposit, you can lower the lease rate from the advertised 3.25% to 0.75%.

Under that rate, with the reduction the monthly payment works out to be $240 a month.

But that's with feight + PDI + admin fees + safety deposit which add up to $4300, and I did trade in my car, which they estimated to be worth $6.5k.

At the end of the 48 months lease, I get the safety deposit back, which is $2500.

I asked around and this is definitely a good price. But the actual monthly payment varies if you change any of the above factors.

Hope that helps
[snapback]295977[/snapback]​
Thanks for explaining things. It seems like you have quite the handle on this complicated leasing business.

One of the things that I was surprised to learn/calculate was how the down payment and the due on signing differ so much.

My end reasoning was I went to www.cars4u.com which is a canadian web site where you can order cars at a discoutn price without haggling. I compared my due on signing and monthly payments to what they had. I am getting about $60/month cheaper. So I am assuming this means I got a good deal.

Anyone have anything to add to that, is my thinking incorrect?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts