Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I suppose I'm in the minority here, but is it possible to install a 2014-2016 steering wheel into a 2017 model? And have all the buttons work as usual? To me, the circumference of the newer wheel is (or at least seems to be) too big for my liking and the buttons aren't as easy to use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate,
Successful install except my cruise control won’t work.
My bm2014 had a different steering wheel and airbag which I needed to swap for my desired model and that was easy.
However the info button and volume situation was a more complicated as I had to follow the image that was posted earlier on soldiering a wire to create a new circuit. This has made the info button work when I press it, but it will not work when I press and hold to reset the trip computer.
I’m still yet to figure out how to get the cruise control running. I have realised that it is more of a purist driving experience not having the cruise control even work hahaha

let me know how you go
Hey man,
Any luck getting the cruise control buttons to work?
and did you have any photos of how you were able to make the info button work? I’ve run into the same issue and would be keen to get it up and running!
Cheers!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts