Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a fender bender and the shop had to replace the driver's side quarter panel, headlight, and the bumper. When I got the car home I noticed a small torsion spring in the cupholder.

Pic 1: 20210329_094209.jpg
Pic 2: 20210329_094219.jpg

Any idea what this might be from?

TIA,
Ditch

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,585 Posts
The places I can think of that may have springs are levers (manual seat recline, door handle, ashtray cover, armrest cover, drink cover...) Perhaps it was from something you were transporting in the car?
You could "Doug DeMuro" it and press/open every single item on the car until it presents itself.

·
Super Moderator
18,109 Posts
You could "Doug DeMuro" it and press/open every single item on the car until it presents itself.
Personally, don't know how he got so popular out of nowhere; I don't care for his reviews at all. To each his own.

OP - I'm with these two - doesn't remind me of anything except silly things like door handles or seat functions.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The headlights might have a spring like that one in the alignment mechanism.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a fender bender and the shop had to replace the driver's side quarter panel, headlight, and the bumper. When I got the car home I noticed a small torsion spring in the cupholder.

Pic 1: 20210329_094209.jpg
Pic 2: 20210329_094219.jpg

Any idea what this might be from?

TIA,
Ditch
Hi
Have you checked the Hood Opener, I had a spring similar to that fell out of the Opener. It fell out when I pulled to hard on it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why not simply call body shop and ask. No word on what kind of car or it's age. The spring looks like what was used with individual glass headlights decades ago, a spring like it used to spring load the headlight to the body vs an adjustment screw used to align the head light against that spring tension.
Perhaps that spring was left there to create confusing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. that spring is the spring of the motor cover actuator. OEM 14-20 Mazda 6 Hood Latch Cables GHP9-56-720A. I hope it helps you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts