Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the stock 0-60 time for a Mazda 6i ATX is anywhere between the super high 8's and 9's....but, is it possible to get a 2.3 ATX into the 7 second range....mid to high sevens, even really high, I'll take it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
anything is possible
how do you want to get there

if you wanna do it the cheapest way...
empty the car take out all seats, speakers, dash, carpets, plastics, spare tire, jack, everything.
all of that is free

then get a tranny cooler 50 bucks
good tranny fluid 50 bucks
oil change good stuff 50 bucks
air box mod free

this should get you close to if not on your goal

one step further would be to to some tranny work, nice stall converter, new valve body and a limited slip. that would help you out all over the place. but that gets expensive.

after that go out and build up your bottom end and throw a turbo on the car... your 0-60 wont be too much better but your 60-100 will be great

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything is possible
how do you want to get there

if you wanna do it the cheapest way...
empty the car take out all seats, speakers, dash, carpets, plastics, spare tire, jack, everything.
all of that is free

then get a tranny cooler 50 bucks
good tranny fluid 50 bucks
oil change good stuff 50 bucks
air box mod free

this should get you close to if not on your goal

one step further would be to to some tranny work, nice stall converter, new valve body and a limited slip. that would help you out all over the place. but that gets expensive.

after that go out and build up your bottom end and throw a turbo on the car... your 0-60 wont be too much better but your 60-100 will be great
[/b]
headers...

mid pipe...

intake...

tranny cooler....

grippier tires....

....what do you guys think....

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
grab a Gtech and see, that's the only way you can really "tell"

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grab a Gtech and see, that's the only way you can really "tell"
[/b]
that...and counting from the hole shot....1....2....3....4....5... :D ...I'm just hoping to haul a little more ass when I put on all those parts I listed, what do you think?...serious gains...moderate gains...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts