Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can our mazda 2.3L automatic beat an rsx automatic in a straigh line if we both got no mods at all? which cars can we beat in a race?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know im just asking if our car can beat a normal acura rsx autmatic lets say the rsx is from 2003

·
Registered
232 Posts
i dont know im just asking if our car can beat a normal acura rsx autmatic lets say the rsx is from 2003
[/b]
we have more torque...141+RSX vs. 155 6i...but....we also have alot more heave ass to pull....2778lbs vs. 3000+...I'd put it on the RSX...but it also depends on transmissions...if you were running the MTX and the RSX had the ATX you could launch and might take him...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'd say probably not. the type s runs around a 15 flat, the non S version is only 40hp different. i'd say that 2.3L couldn't hang but that's me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have an Acura TSX(same as RSX just 4 door and a little fatter, but does have the TYPE-S Motor- 200HP) and its kinda slow. I was not very impressed with it! My 6s will knock the doors off it, but I dont know about the 4cyl.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
6i atx = slow as crap in a straight line. at sea level, with intake, header & r compound tires i was running 16.8....oh yeah, valvebodies were in too i think.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
the base rsx (non type s) should dyno at 135ish hp and 110tq, and thats the manual. the Type S does about 175hp and 125tq.

i think a manual 6i would be able to take a manual rsx. but i think an automatic rsx might be able to take a 6i atx depending on the year, but likewise with the rsx.

i dunno...i sure as flipping hell wasn't impressed by a TSX that was trying to egg me on. cant go into much detail but WOT on 6 > WOT on TSX hehe

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yea, TSX turbos range from 2k to about 8k. My friend owns one, in fact one of the only fully loaded ones in Alaska, and wants to buy turbo, but he keeps laughing everytime he pulls up the webpage to buy it from. I'd take the RSX over the 6i, any year. It's a whole lot lighter I think too.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I think this topic is heading towards dangerous territory...

My little bro just got a 2006 RSX type S about 2 weeks ago, he hasnt opened her up yet because hes still breaking it in but I was impressed with the car. He let me drive it and I loved it...I'm so jealous of the transmission in those...damn I need a short throw in my MS6.

I've never driven one but I've heard that the auto 6i is significantly slower than the MTX 6i, so that may be a deciding factor, the acura does not have much low end torque but then again being "faster" is usually a driver's race, just do a search for some 1/4 mile stock times in the 6i vs 1/4 mile times for the RSX...that should settle this.

Edit: TIPE-OH

·
Registered
649 Posts
Who cares if the 6i can beat it? I'm sorry but I miss the Integra. I was pissed when i first saw the RSX, the integra had such a strong lineage and then the car they bring in to replace it just screamed girls car to me. It was very disappointing. The TSX improved the look but the performance seemed to be lacking, IMHO. I think if they had just revamped the Integra line, I would be making stupid posts like this in an Acura Integra forum. I'll give the edge to the Mazda 6 because the RSX driver would be putting on make-up or doing some other rediculous thing women do instead of paying attention to the road. The only _SX worth anything is the NSX.

I drove a 95 GSR before my 6S(both MTX) and from driving both i know that the 6S has a bit more in the straight line but would be dead in twisties.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I can beat an RSX....hee hee hee. :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have an Acura TSX(same as RSX just 4 door and a little fatter, but does have the TYPE-S Motor- 200HP) and its kinda slow. I was not very impressed with it! My 6s will knock the doors off it, but I dont know about the 4cyl.
[/b]
The TSX has the k24a2 (2.4L) engine so its not the same as the RSX Type S because it has the k20a2 (2.0L) engine.

The base RSX has the k20a3 (160hp) which is the same engine that was in the 2002-2005 Civic SI. Not sure on the automatic base, but the base with the 5 speed manual will run high 15s in the 1/4 stock.

I think this topic is heading towards dangerous territory...

My little bro just got a 2006 RSX type S about 2 weeks ago, he hasnt opened her up yet because hes still breaking it in but I was impressed with the car. He let me drive it and I loved it...I'm so jealous of the transmission in those...damn I need a short throw in my MS6.

Edit: TIPE-OH
[/b]

I agree, the transmission has to be one of the best.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well the TSX which on the window sticker says Type S 200 hp powerplant, is SLOW. I am not very impressed at all, I have never experience the 2.3l 6, but if its slower than my TSX...I feel for ya! I havent modded the TSX yet so I dont know how it will open up?

The TSX has the k24a2 (2.4L) engine so its not the same as the RSX Type S because it has the k20a2 (2.0L) engine.

The base RSX has the k20a3 (160hp) which is the same engine that was in the 2002-2005 Civic SI. Not sure on the automatic base, but the base with the 5 speed manual will run high 15s in the 1/4 stock.
I agree, the transmission has to be one of the best.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Are you comparing the TSX to the RSX Type S?

They have similar power output but they are different engines. The RSX Type S has a k20 series engine which means its 2.0 liters in displacement. The TSX has a k24 series engine which means its 2.4 liters. If you don't believe me go look at your engine, you should have a stamp on the front of your block that says k24a2.

Also the RSX Type S has a higher compression engine than the TSX. Redline is different as well. In 2005 Honda replaced the k20a2 in the RSX Type S to a slighter different 2.0L engine called the k20z1. This engine is very similar to the one in the current Civic SI.

Well the TSX which on the window sticker says Type S 200 hp powerplant, is SLOW. I am not very impressed at all, I have never experience the 2.3l 6, but if its slower than my TSX...I feel for ya! I havent modded the TSX yet so I dont know how it will open up?
[/b]
Do you have the automatic or 6 speed manual? The manual TSX is a high 15 sec car. The automatic is much slower.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
A 6i can barely beat a Neon SXT.....End of topic.

·
Registered
40 Posts
can our mazda 2.3L automatic beat an rsx automatic in a straigh line if we both got no mods at all? which cars can we beat in a race?
[/b]
Nope...I own a speed6 and that will smoke it in every gear....The Rsxtype s is actually very well built and redlines at about 8,300 rpm. You can take it well within redline and that is safe for the motor because I did that for 3 years without problems. Also if the person driving keeps it in Vtec it flies especially in 3rd gear. I dont see a mazda 2.3L beating it. As far as a regular RSX, i still think not becuase it distributes torque differently then the type S. I have raced plenty stock base rsx's and 1st, and almost the whole 2nd gear its even. When i shift to 3rd I start to pull on it and by the ned of 3rd I am gone. This is the same thing that was happening with the base intergra vs the GSR. I used to have a regular integra back then and with intake , header, exhaust, pullys and short shifter I could not beat a stock GSR.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts