Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
In my experience in Miami, most people ignore car alarms going off, same here in Central FL. If you're a deep sleeper, or too far away, you're not going to hear it going off either(a potential thief just has to pop the hood and pull wires on the battery to stop it, and that can be done quick, too). The immobilizer system so far is the only one I'm noticing the thieves around here are leaving alone - we have a lot of cars around here being stolen and taken down to Tampa to the chop shops right now. In my experience, the aftermarket ones are far more trouble than they're worth. Other insurance carriers do have the car replacement policies, you can shop around to find a carrier and policy with one instead of sticking with the carrier you're with. Go with an agent to shop around since you'll save more, and it really does pay to shop around, especially after being with one carrier for a while. Just be smart, don't leave stuff in your car, like your wallet or electronics, that would make someone want to break into your car.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
In my experience in Miami, most people ignore car alarms going off, same here in Central FL. If you're a deep sleeper, or too far away, you're not going to hear it going off either(a potential thief just has to pop the hood and pull wires on the battery to stop it, and that can be done quick, too). The immobilizer system so far is the only one I'm noticing the thieves around here are leaving alone - we have a lot of cars around here being stolen and taken down to Tampa to the chop shops right now. In my experience, the aftermarket ones are far more trouble than they're worth. Other insurance carriers do have the car replacement policies, you can shop around to find a carrier and policy with one instead of sticking with the carrier you're with. Go with an agent to shop around since you'll save more, and it really does pay to shop around, especially after being with one carrier for a while. Just be smart, don't leave stuff in your car, like your wallet or electronics, that would make someone want to break into your car.
Im 32 years old. Im paying $80 a month with statefarm with 500 deductibles. I doubt other insurances could offer a better deal.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Merged a few threads together that pertained to the same initial question.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, the unthinkable has happened. I woke up to an empty driveway this morning. Pretty sure my car was stolen. I can't imagine how. Both sets of keys were in my house. Auto door locks were active. I'm flabbergasted, but the fact remains: my baby is gone. Fuckin' breaks my heart.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Well, the unthinkable has happened. I woke up to an empty driveway this morning. Pretty sure my car was stolen. I can't imagine how. Both sets of keys were in my house. Auto door locks were active. I'm flabbergasted, but the fact remains: my baby is gone. Fuckin' breaks my heart.

they copied your key fob from a distance and drove off, plain and simple, you were targeted, let me guess, you have a house instead of an apartment? cars that have driveways are easy to target

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
13 Participants
Mazda6Suspension
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing