Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of stuff is coming off the car, and the egr will be completely exposed as a result, so I figure it is the ideal time to do the egr delete. I have no clue about the exact size the plate needs to be, don't have a dremel, etc. I thought someone made them for like $10 or something, and I'll need one pretty soon.

It's gotta be spot on though, because I'm having my mech do a bunch of things for me (i.e. pulling hard fuel line, fuel rail, flushing system, and putting in intake mani spacer). So, I'd obviously like to avoid any hiccups. I haven't asked him about it, but I'd rather not have to pay him a lot more to make one, or even if he would. Besides, I know some of you guys know how to do this well.

Lemme know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Wasn't Whoosh making them at first? Then, I think somebody else later. But haven't seen anything about it in so long.

I can't help, but I've got a question. Can you void the MIL EGR delete might cause using the AP?

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wasn't Whoosh making them at first? Then, I think somebody else later. But haven't seen anything about it in so long.

I can't help, but I've got a question. Can you void the MIL EGR delete might cause using the AP?
You will be able to very soon. Cobb is working on the MIL EGR delete right now, and they're very close. I can link you to the thread... Volta linked me recently.

EDIT: Here's the last page of the thread: http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?68106-Load-cap/page10& Trey says in there " And finally, I'm looking into the EGR section of code. We'll see how "tunable" it is but I don't think it'll be an issue to just defeat it."

AND... I don't need a plate... I called my mech, and he does it plenty of times, and said he can fab one up quick, NP. THanks tho guys!

Reactions: IHeartGroceries
1 - 3 of 3 Posts