Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I stage tune or ECU tune my 06 mazda 6 V6 hatchback, 5-speed?

I have heard before on this forum that it is not possible to tune your ECU as there is this code or something that interferes with the tune. I'm not sure, and if it is possible to do it. Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
17,079 Posts
The ECU for the V6 is ludicrously difficult to crack and, so far as I know, the only person who successfully did it was The Great NY, but I haven't seen him on here in ages. You can check if he's still around on 6crew.com but no promises there either.

Here's all his painstaking work: TWIN TURBO PUNISHER 6 IS BORN!!!!!

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I don't think he actually cracked the ecu. He just put a big ass turbo on it lol. To date, ecu tunes are not possible with that generation Mazda6 v6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,079 Posts
I don't think he actually cracked the ecu. He just put a big ass turbo on it lol. To date, ecu tunes are not possible with that generation Mazda6 v6.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Really? I could have sworn he cracked it so he could tune it with the aforementioned turbo and that he had done it on someone else's car as well. Maybe I'm miss-remembering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a tuner shop where I live with this super friendly guy named Bryan who also has cheap products there, he also has ties to companies like BB racing, H&R, and many more. I've hit him up to help me with performance for my car and fixing repairs. He said he'd be more than happy to help and made me a list based on the things I need. He's an amazing dude.

·
Super Moderator
17,079 Posts
If you're looking for more performance overall, what the V6 really wants is MORE AIR.

More air in (intake, throttle body), more air out (exhaust, headers). Beyond that, unfortunately, it's fairly difficult to find anything aftermarket for these engines without spending a LOT of cash, let alone being able to squeeze them into the ridiculously tight quarters of that engine bay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts