Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these Nice 16's on my 6i, if I brought the Speed6 which I plan to do, Will My 16's fit???..I really like these wheels, and it would be a waste of money to just get rid of them......seeing as I just brought them around mid Spring.

I've seen people fit 17's on this Car....A speed6 is just a regular 6 with a turbo....I believe it can work, but I need confirmation.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weak.....

·
Registered
979 Posts
Absolutely not, they are too small and will not clear the rotors. You will damage your car and the wheels if you do then you will be sorry you did not listen. just sell them on here or ebay. Get new rims 17's will fit but not all 17's Stick with 18's

·
Registered
795 Posts
why would u do that??? :huh: :slap:

·
Registered
4,791 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would u do that??? :huh: :slap:
[/b]
Well...For a number of reasons WTF why would you even ask why?

1.)I paid good money for very nice lightweight wheels and tires that I don't want to get rid of

2.)Lighter the weight distribution, better the zoom zoom

3.)Good set of mutha fuckin wheels and tires....Why would I want to get rid of them when I have the possibility to use them on the next car>?

that's why thank you....
Thanks Raynman, yer alright....

·
Registered
795 Posts
if its just for the drag , it could pass!!

sorry if i offended you , didnt mean to ;)

I would've have thought drag racers like you would know why he would want to do such a thing if we are talking about performance, but here's a couple of links and links within links to educate you: ;)

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=29223

http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_TAP.asp

If anything, I would suggest you lose the 19's and get lightweight 17's shod with grabby tires to get better drag times.
[/b]
your second link they stip down the hole car?? are you planing to do that as well???

to get a 0.2 or 0.1 difference it not worth the hassle!!

just get a MBC and put some more boost , it should take care of that.
everyone has there own opinion..

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
if its just for the drag , it could pass!!

sorry if i offended you , didnt mean to ;)
[/b]
Didn't offend me one bit, and I didn't mean to offend either.

Just offering you some advice so you can get the most out of your machine and so that you can keep supplying us drag racing vids of MS6 track spankage. :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Didn't offend me one bit, and I didn't mean to offend either.

Just offering you some advice so you can get the most out of your machine and so that you can keep supplying us drag racing vids of MS6 track spankage. :)
[/b]
ill just wait for my chip and you will have plenty of vids!! i find it even better to show how fast the car is with 19's ;)

·
Registered
940 Posts
I would've have thought drag racers like you would know why he would want to do such a thing if we are talking about performance, but here's a couple of links and links within links to educate you: ;)

http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_TAP.asp

If anything, I would suggest you lose the 19's and get lightweight 17's shod with grabby tires to get better drag times.
[/b]
I think that you are missing the sarcasm of the SCC article. Sure, going with small wheels and tires (and stripping out your car) will make you a little faster in the quarter, but is it worth the loss of appearance and functionality? If so, then why start with something as heavy as a MS6?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
16x8's with 245/45/16 tires are the way to go for a Mazda6, IMO. Only a handful of people have run them, but the verdict is thus far unanimous. I'm not talking about drag racing, either, I'm referring to autocross and track. It's a shame they don't fit the Speed.

17x8.5's with 245/45/17's would be interesting and is probably the combination to get on the Mazdaspeed.

18's+ FTL.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I think that you are missing the sarcasm of the SCC article. Sure, going with small wheels and tires (and stripping out your car) will make you a little faster in the quarter, but is it worth the loss of appearance and functionality? If so, then why start with something as heavy as a MS6?
[/b]
It did register as a blip on the good ol' Mark I sarcasm radar, but the article is a mix of fun and information. The key is looking past the obviously absurd, and identifying the practical advice. The part where they took off the 19" wheels is what is most relevant to this discussion. The part where they break out the Sawz All is obviously at each owner's discretion.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
16x8's with 245/45/16 tires are the way to go for a Mazda6, IMO. Only a handful of people have run them, but the verdict is thus far unanimous. I'm not talking about drag racing, either, I'm referring to autocross and track. It's a shame they don't fit the Speed.

17x8.5's with 245/45/17's would be interesting and is probably the combination to get on the Mazdaspeed.

18's+ FTL.
[/b]
Wouldn't you need a 40 series tire with a 245 on a 8.5?

8.5" wheels have been done on the Speed6, but they weren't exactly "lightweight" track wheels...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Sorry, I meant 245/40/17's. They're a smaller-than-stock diameter though, which has its pros and cons.

235/45/17's on 17x8's would probably work too, though the larger (stock) diameter makes them a tougher fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts